66. "Hashem, your Elohim, is the Elohim of Elohim, Lord of lords, a great El..." (Devarim 10:17). We have learned that "As for the likeness of their faces, they had the face of a man" (Yechezkel 1:10). These are unlike the Cherubs. These are large faces, while Cherubs are small faces like those of children. All images are comprised in "the face of a man," because they are large faces. Engraved shapes are formed in them by the engraving of the Name explicitly pronounced to the four directions of the world - east, west, north and south.
67. Michael made a mark to the south side and all three faces - the face of a lion, the face of an ox, and the face of an eagle - look toward the face of a man. A man is male and female, and is not called a man without them. From it, FROM THE FACE OF A MAN, all shapes were formed IN THE SECRET OF THE VERSE: "The chariots of Elohim are twice ten thousand, thousands upon thousands (Heb. shin'an)" (Tehilim 68:18).
68. Shin'an IN THE VERSE contains all the shapes, BECAUSE IT IS THE INITIALS of shor (Eng. 'ox), aryeh (Eng. 'lion'), nesher (Eng. 'eagle'), and final Nun is Adam (Eng. 'man'), which is the expansion of the meaning of male and female that are included together. All the thousands and tens of thousands come out of these LIVING CREATURES that are in the secret of shin'an, and from these shapes, each parts to its aspect as befits it.
69. All these are integrated into each other and are comprised of each other, so that one should be included in the other. THESE, the ox, eagle, lion, and man are maintained by the secret of the four engraved names, WHICH ARE 'THE GREAT AND MIGHTY AND AWFUL EL,' which rise to maintain and observe.
70. The ox rose to be maintained by and observe the face of a man. Another name is adorned and inscribed by two colors. It is the name 'El.' It then goes back, and the Throne engraves and carves it, and it is marked BY IT to be maintained by the secret of this name.
71. The eagle rose to be maintained by and observe the face of a man. A name rises, and is adorned and inscribed by two faces and colors, to observe in rising the wreath, which is THE NAME 'Great.' It then goes back, and the Throne engraves and carves it, and it is marked so as to be maintained by the secret of this name.
72. The lion rose to be maintained by and observe the face of a man. A name rises, and is adorned and inscribed by two faces and colors, to be strengthened and connected to Gvurah (might); it is the name 'Mighty.' It then goes back, and the Throne engraves and carves it, and it is marked so as to be maintained by the secret of this name.
73. The FACE OF a man observes all the living creatures, and all rise and observe it. They all take form, by their engravings, in this form in the secret by means of a name called 'Awful.' It is then written about them that: "As for the likeness of their faces, they had the face of a man." They are all included in this form, and this form encompasses them.
74. Because of this secret meaning, the Holy One, blessed be He, is called 'the great, mighty and awful El,' because these names are high corrections by the supernal Chariot, and it is included in the four letters of Yud Hei Vav Hei, which is the Name encompassing all forms. These forms are engraved and carved into the Throne and the Throne is engraved and embroidered with them, one to the right and one to the left and one to the front and one to the rear, assigned to the four directions of the world.
75. When the Throne ascends, it is marked in these four shapes. These four lofty names bear this Throne, and the Throne is composed of them until the Throne receives and collects these pleasures and delights. AFTERWARDS THE THRONE descends fully laden, like a tree full with branches in every direction and loaded with fruits. After THE THRONE descends, the four forms OF THE LIVING CREATURES come out formed, engraved, illuminating, glittering and glowing, and they sow seeds over the world.