141. The seventh Correction (formation): The hairs split and two apples appear in the offering of the fragrance, pleasant and beautiful in appearance, MEANING THAT BOTH SIDES OF THE FACE, WHICH ARE CLEAR OF HAIRS, EMERGE OUT OF THE HAIRS OF THE BEARD, WHICH ARE CALLED AN OFFERING OF FRAGRANCE. THEY ARE THE SOURCES OF THIS ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH, ALSO CALLED FRAGRANCE, IN THE SAME SENSE AS IN THE VERSE: "AND HIS DELIGHT SHALL BE (ALSO: 'HE SHALL SMELL') IN THE FEAR OF HASHEM" (YESHAYAH 11:3).
142. Rabbi Shimon opened the discussion saying, "Like the apple tree among the trees of the wood..." (Shir Hashirim 2:3). The Holy One, blessed be He, is like this apple that is composed of three colors, WHITE, RED AND GREEN. Two apples include six colors and these two apples, WHICH ARE THE SECRET OF THE TWO BARE SIDES OF THE FACE CLEAR OF HAIR, which are the seventh Correction (formation), are comprised of all the PREVIOUS six Corrections (formations) that I mentioned. For their sake, this verse is fulfilled: "In the light of the king's countenance is life" (Mishlei 16:15).
143. We have learned that from these apples, life emanates to the world, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH. They show happiness to Zeir Anpin, as it is written, "Hashem make his face shine upon you" (Bemidbar 6:25) and it is also written, "In the light of the king's countenance is life." "In the light of the king's countenance" refers to the two apples of the fragrance offering, as I mentioned. "Hashem make his face shine upon you" means the external area of the face THAT IS OF ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH IS OUTSIDE OF ARICH ANPIN, because when it shines the world is blessed.
144. We have learned that as long that these candles on the outside illuminate, WHICH ARE MALE AND FEMALE, the whole world is blessed and there is no anger in the world. If we find it so with the external beings, it is all the more so with the two apples OF ARICH ANPIN that constantly illuminate and are always rejoicing.
145. We have learned that when these two apples are revealed, Zeir Anpin appears happy and all those candles below, IN MALCHUT, are happy. All those below are glowing and all the realms are rejoicing in total perfection. All are happy and shining and there is no end to all kinds of benevolence. All are satiated at once WITH ABUNDANCE and all rejoice simultaneously.
146. Come and see the external face OF ZEIR ANPIN. There are times when they are glowing and times when they do not illuminate. Therefore, it is written: "Hashem make his face shine upon you" and also "and cause his face to shine upon us; Sela" (Tehilim 67:2). The meaning here is that he does not always illuminate; THEREFORE, WE PRAY THAT HE WOULD SHINE UPON US, SINCE IT DOES NOT ILLUMINATE IN ZEIR ANPIN except when the apples above, OF ARICH ANPIN, are revealed.
147. We have learned that these apples IN ARICH ANPIN, which are concealed, are always glowing and white. Light is sent to the 370 directions from them, and all the first six Corrections (formations) of the beard are included in them. This is what it says: "He will again have compassion upon us" (Michah 7:19). "Again" indicates that it is occasionally concealed and occasionally revealed. Here IN ARICH ANPIN, THIS CORRECTION (FORMATION) IS REFERRED TO AS: "He will again have compassion upon us" and in the one below, IN THE BEARD OF ZEIR ANPIN, MEANING THE THIRTEEN MEASURES OF THE TORAH, HE IS CALLED: "And truth" (Shemot 34:6). That is the seventh Correction, which comprises the six in the two apples of the most ancient among the ancient, ARICH ANPIN.