72. Rise, Faithful Shepherd, take this stone, WHICH IS MALCHUT, in your hand, of which it says, "upon one stone are seven facets" (Zecharyah 2:9), in order to break the shells (Klipot) of the nut. For many shepherds, leaders of the generation were gathered by that stone, which is your rock, to bring water out of it, since your bride, MALCHUT, is the fount of Chochmah in this river that is flowing with Torah in infinite hidden secrets. It says of it, "But where shall wisdom be found" (Iyov 28:12).
73. Their whole power is effective in removing the outer shell. When they reach the second shell, which is strong, they find it difficult and strike it all their lives with their tongues that are as strong as hammers, but they have no permission to bring water out of it, except for those drops that came out through you, when it said of it, "and with his rod he smote the rock twice" (Bemidbar 20:11). At the second smiting these drops came out. They are the allusions of wisdom and the allusions OF THE WISDOM of Kabbalah, which are in TRACTATE Chagigah and other Mishnayot. No one can bring forth from this stone wisdom that is inside it, which is infinite, except you, of whom it says, 'Halachah given to Moses on Sinai.'
74. The Faithful Shepherd opened and said, Old man, there is a rock and there is a rock; there is a stone and there is a stone. There is a stone of the Name of Yud Hei Vav Hei, WHICH RISES TO YUD OF YUD HEI VAV HEI AND BECOMES A CROWN OVER HEI VAV HEI OF YUD HEI VAV HEI. It says of it, "and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain" (Daniel 2:35), SINCE YUD OF YUD HEI VAV HEI IS THE SECRET OF A GREAT MOUNTAIN. And there is a stone that is "a figured stone" (Vayikra 26:1), OF WHICH IT SAYS, "NOR SHALL YOU INSTALL A FIGURED STONE IN YOUR LAND, TO BOW DOWN UPON IT" (IBID.) where there is neither flow of the waters of Chochmah nor speech.
75. But of the stone which is Moses' rock it says, "and speak to the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth its water" (Bemidbar 20:8). FOR THIS ROCK is a divine echo, NAMELY MALCHUT OF ATZILUT, and only speech and reconciliation applies to it. But of the handmaid OF MALCHUT OF ATZILUT that is another rock called Mishnah, which is the female of the serving lad METATRON it says, "A servant will not be corrected by words" (Mishlei 29:19), but it is smitten and several decrees are broken of it, NAMELY EXPLANATIONS, and are gathered, which are called compilations. They are called compilations because they are gathered without a fount of wisdom or Kabbalah.
76. But my rock is the King's daughter, NAMELY MALCHUT OF ATZILUT, about which it says, "and speak to the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth its water," namely with words and reconciliation as befitting a King's daughter. But since I smote her I was smitten because of her and we were sentenced to death. For whoever refuses the queen is punishable by death, and all the more so whoever smites the King's daughter. Because of that I was punished not to enter the land of Yisrael, AS THE LAND OF YISRAEL CORRESPONDS TO THE KING'S DAUGHTER, but instead I am buried in a strange land, MALCHUT BEING THE LAND OF YISRAEL, and she is angry with me. And it says, "he went down to him with a staff (also: 'tribe')" (II Shmuel 23:21). This is one of my tribes, because I will descend there to be with Yisrael in exile. Everything is alluded to and explained in another place by the sages of the Mishnah.