217. He opened the discussion and said: "Haleluyah, Praise Hashem from the heavens..." (Tehilim 148:1). Come and see: This praise was said by David in reference to the secret of the Holy Name, Yud Hei Vav Hei, NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN, which is comprised of all the praises. There are two praises reflecting the secret of the Holy Supernal Name, Yud Hei Vav Hei, which is comprised of all the praises. There is this one "PRAISE HASHEM FROM THE HEAVENS" and the last praise IN THE BOOK OF TEHILIM that is comprised of all of the praises, as it is written, "Haleluyah, praise Hashem in His sanctuary" (Tehilim 150:1). In the latter there are ten kinds, AS TEN TIMES IT IS MENTIONED, CORRESPONDING TO THE TEN SFIROT OF ZEIR ANPIN. The former consists of seven, FOR SEVEN TIMES THE WORD "PRAISE" APPEARS, CORRESPONDING TO CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD, YESOD AND MALCHUT OF ZEIR ANPIN. And everything is the one secret of the Holy Name.
218. "Haleluyah, praise Hashem from the heavens": this refers to the beginning from where the six directions, CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD, emanate downward, for this secret may be examined, OR COMPREHENDED, NAMELY, ZEIR ANPIN, according to the verse, "For ask now of the days that are past, which were before you..." (Devarim 4:32). THEY ARE THE SEVEN DAYS CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD, YESOD AND MALCHUT OF ZEIR ANPIN, up to which one may investigate, "From the day of creation until the end of heaven" (Ibid.), CHESED OF ZEIR ANPIN. From here and further, WHICH ARE KETER, CHOCHMAH AND BINAH OF ZEIR ANPIN, one may not inquire there, because that place is hidden and concealed.
219. Therefore, "Praise Hashem from the heavens, praise Him in the heights," allude to the two sides right and left, NAMELY, CHESED AND GVURAH OF ZEIR ANPIN, whence emanate all the other SFIROT downward in the mystery of the grades, to be properly corrected. "Praise Him, all His angels" (Tehilim 148:2): these are the two pillars, NETZACH AND HOD, standing underneath the body, TIFERET, so it may lean on them.
220. Come and see: These pillars upon which the body stands, pertain to the secret of the angels, ABOUT WHOM IT WAS SAID: "PRAISE HIM, ALL HIS ANGELS." For the knees are the messengers of the body to go from place to place. Of this secret are also those called 'angels', the messengers that go from place to place, at the behest of their Master.
221. "Praise Him, all His hosts" (Ibid. 2). This is the place from where all the holy high armies come out. It is the secret of the sign of the Holy Covenant, NAMELY, YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN. It is marked upon all the tens of thousands ISSUING FROM IT, as it is written, "Hashem Tzevaot is His Name" (Yeshayah 48:2), MEANING THAT this sign is marked upon all the rest of the armies and multitudes.
222. "Praise Him, sun and moon" (Tehilim 148:3). The secret OF ALL THE SFIROT OF ZEIR ANPIN is based on THE SUN, BECAUSE THE SUN IS TIFERET OF ZEIR ANPIN, ITS MAIN PART, AND ALL THE REST OF THE SFIROT ARE BUT COMPRISED WITHIN TIFERET. So the sun shines and in it are the illuminating high stars and the constellations, as we explained. Afterwards it returns up high to the place in the height of heights, BINAH, where all of them are stored, MEANING THAT THE MOCHIN OF ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT AND BRIYAH, YETZIRAH AND ASIYAH EMANATE FROM THERE. This place is alluded to in "praise Him, heavens of heavens" (Ibid. 7), BECAUSE THE HEAVENS ARE ZEIR ANPIN AND THE HEAVENS OF HEAVEN ARE BINAH. Then "Praise Hashem from the earth" (Ibid.), WHICH IS MALCHUT OF ZEIR ANPIN, corresponding to the rest of the verse, "fire and hail..." (Ibid. 8)
223. Come and see: The stars below exist upon what they draw from the high secret IN ZEIR ANPIN, for their existence is based upon the supernal pattern, as was already explained. That is why all the stars and constellations from the height of the firmament, ZEIR ANPIN, rule the world beneath them. From that place grades are spread down to the stars below, IN THIS WORLD, which have nothing under their command. For we have already explained that all are ruled by a higher authority. About that speaks the verse, "Let now the astrologers, the stargazers...stand up and save you" (Yeshayah 47:13). All is by permission FROM ABOVE, as explained.