424. The source of the point underneath the grades of the Other Side, MALCHUT OF THE OTHER SIDE, BENEATH ALL THE GRADES OF THE OTHER SIDE, ITS BEGINNING (LIT. 'HEAD') is at the head of the grades OF THE OTHER SIDE, outside HOLINESS. It is the head of the male OF THE OTHER SIDE, riding on a camel. THIS IS THE SECRET OF SAMAEL, RIDING ON A CAMEL. It is the head outside HOLINESS, expanding from a mixture of darkness, NAMELY, SMOKE INTERMINGLED WITH DARKNESS AND THEY SPREAD TOGETHER.
425. For when smoke was issued from violent rage, that smoke expands and goes from rage to rage, the one atop the other, riding on and ruling upon the other, appearing like male and female, so as to make all into violent rage.
427. The head, THE HEAD OF A MALE, which started to spread, is a grade of darkness. It goes up and down, roaming and hovering and resting in its place, FOR IT FINDS NO PLACE IN WHICH TO SETTLE, UNTIL that grade settles, BY CONNECTING with the smoke coming out of the rage. It is then called 'shadow'. It shadows a place called 'death'. When the two are combined, they are called 'the shadow of death.' We already stated that these are two grades joined together.
428. That shadow is the beginning of the lowest point OF THE OTHER SIDE outside, NAMELY, OUT OF ITS FEMALE. THAT SHADOW, darkness, is far away from the holy point standing in the middle. The point does not exist, nor it is seen, nor inscribed with colors, BECAUSE IT IS ONLY A BEGINNING AND NO JUDGMENT IS FELT IN IT. From it, an expansion spread outward and downward, AND THE POINT ITSELF was sunk, not to be seen nor inscribed.
429. THAT POINT expanded downward, left, and right, and spread in their midst inside the darkness, NAMELY, CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET OF THE OTHER SIDE, corresponding to a thousand one hundred. Two pillars are engraved on the two sides, CORRESPONDING TO NETZACH AND HOD, and the darkness was spread into a color, which is black yet not black, because no color prevails in it. Inside the expansion of darkness, there are darknesses that were in use in Egypt, as it is written, "they saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days" (Shemot 10:23), and "darkness which may be felt" (Ibid. 21).
430. This said expansion expands in several different ways. HE EXPLAINS: From within that expansion one light comes out, painted gold. This is red gold. This color spreads, and covers the darkness in its head, NAMELY, IT INTERMINGLES WITH IT. THEREFORE it is gold, in which darkness is included.
431. This darkness spreads right and left. From these two sides, a certain silver hue comes out, WHICH IS CHESED, that doesn't shine. This silver hue spreads to cover the darkness, NAMELY, IT MINGLED WITH IT. They were included, DARKNESS AND SILVER, within one another, and it went down.
432. The darkness spread FROM CHESED, NAMELY THE SILVER HUE, and became two darknesses, ON THE RIGHT AND ON THE LEFT, standing on the beginning of blackness, whence another hue of brass comes out, WHICH IS TIFERET OF THE OTHER SIDE.
433. From that place, FROM TIFERET, this darkness spreads downwards, TO MALCHUT where it is established in its existence. Another color comes out, black looking like iron CALLED 'DEATH'. All is in the secret of darkness. FOR THE OTHER SIDE IS NAMLY BUILT ON THE PRINCIPLE OF DARKNESS.