471. Rabbi Shimon said: We learned of the chambers, where praises to the Holy One, blessed be He are arranged, the one by words, another composed of will. For there is the arrangement of words, and there is an arrangement according to desire and the meditation of the heart, with which to know and look toward the Endless World, where all desires and thoughts are put, but no words at all. As it is concealed, so are all matters concealed.
473. But Come and see: When Moses arranged his prayer for the sake of Yisrael, he made this prayer long, for it is a prayer abiding above, IN ZEIR ANPIN, and when he composed a short prayer, IN PRAYING for his sister, he did not lengthen it, because it abides below, IN MALCHUT, as it is written, "Heal her now, O El, I pray You" (Bemidbar 12:13). He did not pray further, since he is the master of the house, WHICH IS MALCHUT CALLED 'HOUSE', AND MOSES WAS A CHARIOT OF ZEIR ANPIN, HER MASTER. He therefore commanded the house properly, and did not prolong his prayer. All the arrangements CONCERNING THE CHAMBERS were made to allow the Shechinah to dwell in the world, as we already expounded upon in relation to the said chambers.
474. Rabbi Shimon stood up and said: Happy is your portion, Adam, chosen of all the creatures in the world, for the Holy One, blessed be He raised you above all, put you in the Garden of Eden, and prepared seven canopies for your pleasure, to delight in the supernal beauty, as it is said: "to behold the beauty of Hashem, and to inquire in His Temple" (Tehilim 27:4). "To behold the beauty of Hashem" above IN ZEIR ANPIN, "and to inquire in His Temple" below IN MALCHUT. HE FURTHER EXPLAINS: "To behold the beauty of Hashem" refers to the seven firmaments above OF ZEIR ANPIN, and "to inquire in His Temple" refers to the seven firmaments below, IN MALCHUT. The ones correspond to the others.
475. You stood within all THE SEVEN FIRMAMENTS OF ZEIR ANPIN AND THE SEVEN OF MALCHUT, in the Garden of Eden. The seven supernal holy canopies, NAMELY, THE SEVEN FIRMAMENTS OF ZEIR ANPIN stood above you for your adornment, FOR THEY ARE THE SECRET OF CHASSADIM. You stood within the lower seven FIRMAMENTS, OF MALCHUT, to take pleasure in, FOR THEY ARE THE SECRET OF THE ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH CALLED 'PLEASURE'. And your Master gave you all for your perfection, NAMELY, BOTH BY CHASSADIM AND BY CHOCHMAH.
476. Until your legs were tempted to follow the counsel of the evil serpent, and you were driven out of the Garden of Eden, thus bringing death to you and to the whole world, by leaving all the delicacies of above and below. You were drawn to unholy desires called, "poison of asps" (Iyov 20:16), to which the body was drawn and not the spirit, as it is said, "and cruel venom of asps" (Devarim 32:33), THAT IS CRUEL TO THE SPIRIT, AND ALSO "their clusters are bitter" (Ibid. 32). Then came Abraham the pious, and started to amend the world, and entered the holy Faith, fixing above and below, in the firmaments above, and in the firmaments below.
477. The lower firmaments OF MALCHUT are chambers for the upper firmaments OF ZEIR ANPIN, to be united and joined together, as we explained elsewhere in relation to the chambers. And though we explained it there in a general way, it behooves us to explain here in detail, and fix the unison properly, so the friends will not be misled, but walk the right way, as it is written, "for the ways of Hashem are right, and the just do walk in them..." (Hoshea 14:10).