647. The sixth chamber is called 'the chamber of desire'. This is the desire called, "word that proceeds out of the mouth of Hashem" (Devarim 8:3). It is the joy of everything joined. And here is the desire of all desires, according to the secret of the verse, "Your lips are like a thread of scarlet" (Shir Hashirim 4:3). It is the desire of all the souls coming out of the mouth of Hashem.
648. This chamber is the chamber of desire, where all the wishes and petitions in the world are granted. For it is the desire of all the desires, where they are kissing, according to the secret of the verse, "and Jacob kissed Rachel" (Beresheet 29:11). Then, when they kiss each other, it is time of favor, because then wholeness is found, and all faces illuminate. Whenever prayers rise, it is a time of goodwill. Therefore it is written, "But as for me, let my prayer be to You, O Hashem, in an acceptable time" (Tehilim 69:14), which refers to their joining each other.
649. There are six entrances to this chamber, four entrances to the four directions of the world, CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET AND MALCHUT, one above and one below, NETZACH AND HOD. There is one spirit in charge over the entrances, greater than all the chieftains of the entrances, named Raziel. He is appointed to be in charge over the supernal secrets, that talk mouth to mouth, and kiss each other in loving love.
650. These secrets are not meant to be revealed, but when the gates are opened, all the chambers know, and all the spirits and legions, that the gates of desire were opened. Through these gates no one enters, save the desire of the prayers, the desires of the praises, the desires of the holy high souls.
651. This is the chamber of Moses. To this chamber Moses was gathered in love, and with kisses, NAMELY, HE DIED BY THE KISS OF DEATH. In this chamber, "Moses speaks and the Elohim answers him by a voice" (Shemot 19:19).
652. When THE KISSERS are joined in kissing each other, it is written, "Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth..." (Shir Hashirim 1:1). There are no kisses of joy and love, save when they cling to each other, mouth to mouth, spirit to spirit, and saturate each other with pleasure and joy from the supernal illumination.
653. Come and see: "Moses speaks" REFERS TO ZEIR ANPIN, as it is written, "Behold, you are fair, my love" (ibid. 15), and "your lips are a thread of scarlet" (Shir Hashirim 4:3). THESE ARE THE WORDS OF ZEIR ANPIN TO THE SHECHINAH. "And the Elohim answers him by a voice": THIS IS THE SHECHINAH TALKING TO ZEIR ANPIN, as it is written, "behold, you are fair, my beloved yea, pleasant" (Shir Hashirim 1:16), and, "His lips like lilies, dropping flowing myrrh" (Shir Hashirim 5:13). THESE ARE THE WORDS OF THE SHECHINAH TO ZEIR ANPIN.
654. To the spirit, RAZIEL, were given all the secrets of the high souls, who awaken the need of love above and below together, namely, male and female, when they raise Mayin Nukvin (Female Waters). These are the supernal souls, such as Rabbi Akiva and his companions, THE TEN MARTYRS, who did not bathe in the river of fire, like the rest of the souls who pass through it to bathe. THEY DID NOT NEED IT BECAUSE OF THEIR GREAT HOLINESS. We already explained that.
655. The spirit RAZIEL let out twelve lights, that exist by the secret under that spirit. There are four high lights to the four directions, ruling over the four winds. To the south stands one supernal light, the right of the whole world, from which the children of Yisrael begin to be united by the secret of the Faith. This is Michael, minister over the force of the supernal lights descending from the south, CHESED, where the light is strong.
656. Michael, the light of the right, is the great guardian, THE CARETAKER, of Yisrael. When the Other Side accuses and prosecutes Yisrael, Michael stands against him as counsel for the defense, AN ADVOCATE IN FAVOR of Yisrael, and they are saved from prosecution of the chief enemy of Yisrael.