198. And there is a Chariot below NETZACH, HOD and YESOD OF Zeir Anpin, which is Metatron, ALSO KNOWN AS the small man. And in his Chariot, which is an orchard (Heb. pardes), the water of the Torah rush, LIKE A RIVER WHOSE WATERS ARE FLOWING WITH GREAT SPEED AND FORCE TOWARDS THE SEA, flowing out of his orchard, to the three of the four, about whom it was said that four entered the orchard, NAMELY: BEN AZZAI AND BEN ZOMA, ELISHA BEN ABUYAH AND RABBI AKIVA. THE FIRST THREE WERE INJURED BY THE FORCE OF THE FLOW OF THE WATERS OF CHOCHMAH, WHICH ARE CALLED 'AN ORCHARD,' AND ONLY RABBI AKIVA ENTERED IN PEACE AND LEFT IN PEACE. And we have already learned this.
199. For he, METATRON, is the bird who was seen by Raba bar bar Channah on the beach of the sea of the Torah when the sea, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF MALCHUT, ROSE AND reached his ankles, NAMELY TO THE END OF HIS NETZACH AND HOD, CALLED 'ANKLES,' and his head reached to the top of the heavens, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN. AND THE THREE OF THEM THAT WERE FAULTED IN IT, THE SECRET OF THE PARDES, AS ABOVE: these three did not fail by it because it contains much waters OF CHOCHMAH, but because of the force of the flow of the waters OF CHOCHMAH IN IT. THAT IS TO SAY THAT THEY ARE SHARP AND FORCEFUL WITH JUDGMENTS, and so we have learned.
200. THE LETTERS Aleph, Bet and Gimel include them, THE CHARIOT OF METATRON, FOR THE NUMERICAL VALUE OF THESE THREE LETTERS amounts to six, which is the number of letters IN THE NAME Metatron. The fourth LETTER OF THE ALPHABET, Dalet, IS THE SECRET OF "a still small voice" (I Melachim 19:12), WHICH IS THE SECRET OF MALCHUT. For the King comes there, for it is a man to sit on the throne, SINCE MALCHUT IS THE SECRET OF A MAN WHO SITS ON THIS THRONE OF METATRON.
201. The two Yud's in THE SHAPE OF the Aleph א: THE UPPER YUD STANDS FOR the upper waters, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF ZEIR ANPIN, and THE LOWER YUD FOR the lower waters, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF MALCHUT, between them is but a hairsbreadth, which is Vav WRITTEN LIKE THE LINE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ALEPH. It is a slant line between THE TWO. YUD IS IN THE SECRET OF the firmament WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE CURTAIN that "divide water from water" (Beresheet 1:6). Thus there should be a division between female and male, and that is why IT IS WRITTEN "and let it divide..." (Idib.). And the inner meaning of the matter is the permutation YUD HEI VAV HEI AND ADONAI, Yud-Aleph-Hei-Dalet -Vav Nun-Hei-Yud WHICH IS A COMBINATION OF THE TWO NAMES. The upper Yud OF THE COMBINATION is the upper, male waters and the lower Yud OF THE COMBINATION is the lower, female waters. The six letters ALEPH HEI DALET VAV NUN HEI, which come between THE TWO YUD'S have the same are numerical value as Vav (= 6), who is THE SECRET OF Metatron, which is THE VAV between THE TWO YUD'S IN THE FORM OF the Aleph.
202. Furthermore, Yud is a point, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF SUPERNAL CHOCHMAH. Vav is THE SECRET OF a wheel, WHICH REVOLVES IN THE SIX SFIROT: CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD. And there is no movement in the wheel at the six extremities, as the numerical value of Vav, except at the point, FOR IT RECEIVES EVERYTHING THAT IS IN CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD FROM THIS YUD. And this point is the unity of everything, and is witness to that unity, WHICH IS THE ENDLESS LIGHT, who has no second, and about whom the sages taught that one has to proclaim His unity in order to establish His kingship over the heavens and the earth and the four directions of the compass. THIS IS THE SECRET OF THE ALEPH (= 1). Bet (= 2) is THE SECRET OF heaven and earth, WHICH ARE ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT. Gimel (= 3) is THE SECRET OF the pillar that bears them, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF YESOD. Dalet (= 4) is THE SECRET OF the four living creatures OF THE CHARIOT. Hei (= 5) is THE SECRET OF the throne , WHICH IS MALCHUT. Vav is THE SECRET OF the six steps up to the throne, WHICH ARE CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD. Moreover, Aleph, Bet, Gimel, Dalet, Hei, Vav, Zayin, Chet, Tet are THE SECRET OF man, NAMELY THE FIRST NINE SFIROT OF ZEIR ANPIN. Yud is His Unity, NAMELY Malchut, WHICH IS the tenth SFIRAH of ZEIR ANPIN WHO IS CALLED 'Adam' (lit. 'man'). THIS IS THE SECRET OF THE YUD HEI VAV HEI, FULLY SPELLED WITH ALEPHS, MAKING THE NUMERICAL VALUE OF ADAM. The nine SFIROT OF ZEIR ANPIN correspond to the nine letters. Happy are those of Yisrael who know the secret of their Master!