568. At that time an extra spirit will awaken, THAT IS, AN additional SPIRIT, over Yisrael, as it is written: "I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh" (Yoel 3:1), and Yisrael will have rest from the nations of the world, "rest from their enemies" (Ester 9:16). And it will be as on the Shabbat when an extra Nefesh is added to a person, and he obtains rest therein. And if he has rest with an extra Nefesh, which is feminine, how much more WILL HE HAVE REST with the spirit, which is masculine.
569. And, Tannaim and Amoraim, HEAR: the extra Nefesh on Shabbat, which is for the whole of Yisrael together, is but one, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF KETER, but for each person it is allocated according to his deeds, NAMELY FOR EACH ONE ACCORDING TO HIS LEVEL. And this we have learned from repentance by inference from minor to major. For all of Yisrael together, whenever making repentance, are all accepted, as it is written: "as Hashem our Elohim is in all things that we call upon Him for" (Devarim 4:7), THIS BEING THE REASON FOR IT BEING FOR ALL YISRAEL TOGETHER. They are crowned with the Name of Yud Hei Vav Hei, with His crown, which is Upper Keter. And this UPPER KETER is an additional Neshamah for all Yisrael together on Shabbatot and festival days. For this reason it was decreed that THE BLESSINGS be sealed, NAMELY CONCLUDED, with the Name of Yud Hei Vav Hei, which indeed concludes each blessing of the Amidah prayer, but no additional service is said without the ILLUMINATION OF Keter, FOR KETER OF THE NAME OF YUD HEI VAV HEI DOES NOT ILLUMINATE EVERY DAY, AND THE BLESSINGS ARE THEREFORE CONCLUDED WITH YUD HEI VAV HEI, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, WHILE NO ADDITIONAL SERVICE, WHICH IS THE KETER OF ZEIR ANPIN, IS RECITED. But on the Shabbat, it was decreed that 'A crown will be given to You, Hashem our Elohim' is recited, BECAUSE ON SHABBAT THE KETER OF ZEIR ANPIN ILLUMINATES, AND THE ADDITIONAL SERVICE IS THEREFORE RECITED. AND THIS KETER OF ZEIR ANPIN IS THE SECRET OF THE ADDITIONAL NESHAMAH THAT GIVES LIGHT FOR THE WHOLE OF YISRAEL TOGETHER, AS ABOVE.
570. For each individual of Yisrael, however, an additional Nefesh descends to him according to his level. If he is pious (Heb. chasid), he is given an additional Nefesh from the attribute of Chesed, according to his level. If he is a mighty man, fearful of sin, he is given an additional Nefesh from the attribute of Gvurah. If he is an honest man, he is given an additional Nefesh from the attribute of truth. For the additional Nefesh is Malchut, and is made up of the ten Sfirot, AND THEREFORE a person RECEIVES FROM A SFIRAH OF MALCHUT according to his character. THAT IS: If he is a chief in Yisrael, or a sage or one who has understanding in wisdom or Torah, about which is said: "to understand a proverb, and a figure" (Mishlei 1:6) or the Prophets or the Writings, is he given an additional Nefesh accordingly, which is called 'Keter of Malchut', IF HE IS A CHIEF IN YISRAEL.
571. CONTINUING THE EXPLANATION OF HIS WORDS, If he is a wise man, as we have learned: WHO IS A WISE MAN? He who adds wisdom to every man, as it is written: "in wisdom have You made them all" (Tehilim 104:24). He is given an extra Nefesh from there. And if he understands one matter from another in the Torah, he is given an extra Nefesh from Binah. And if he is a scholar in the Prophets and the Writings, he is given an extra Nefesh from Netzach and Hod. And if he is completely righteous, keeping the sign of the covenant, the sign of the Shabbat, the sign of the festivals, and the sign of the Tefilin, he is given an extra Nefesh from the Righteous, WHICH IS YESOD. And in every case, the extra Nefesh THAT THE INDIVIDUAL RECEIVES is from Malchut. AND IF HE IS SAID TO BE YESOD, FOR EXAMPLE, THEN THIS MEANS THE SFIRAH YESOD OF MALCHUT, AND SO WITH THE OTHER SFIROT.
572. And if he is a person who has all the above mentioned qualities and IS COMPARABLE AND SIMILAR TO THE WHOLE OF YISRAEL TOGETHER, he is given Keter in the Name of Yud Hei Vav Hei. AND THIS IS IN THE SECRET OF THE VERSES: "as Hashem our Elohim is in all things that we call upon Him for" and "There is none holy as Hashem" (I Shmuel 2:2). 'AS (HEB. CAF)' THAT IS PREFIXED TO HASHEM IS THE SECRET OF KETER OF ZEIR ANPIN. AND THIS IS AN EXTRA NESHAMAH from the world of the Male, which is Tiferet, AND IS NOT AS THE EXTRA NEFESH OF AN INDIVIDUAL, WHICH IS ONLY FROM THE SFIROT OF MALCHUT. For He is a King crowned with an upper crown FROM BINAH, in which He rules with His Shechinah, which is the extra Nefesh. And Keter is the extra Neshamah THAT IS RECEIVED FROM Yud Hei Vav Hei, which is Ruach, about which it is said: "I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh." AND THIS SPIRIT, WHICH IS YUD HEI VAV HEI is composed of the ten Sfirot, downwards from above, as follows: Yud is Chochmah, Hei is Binah, Vav incorporates the six Sfirot, from Chesed to Yesod, Hei is Malchut. And the Caf, (as) in "as Hashem our Elohim" is the crown on the head OF YUD HEI VAV HEI. And this is the Neshamah that is added on the Shabbat day EITHER TO ALL OF YISRAEL TOGETHER OR TO AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS ALL THE TEN QUALITIES IN MALCHUT.
573. And because the Prime Cause is wonderful and covered with this crown, and on the Shabbat days and festivals THE CROWN (Heb. KETER) spreads in the Name Yud Hei Vav Hei, there is, therefore, no rule THEN for Samael and Serpent and all his officials, nor does Gehenom, which is the wicked female of Samael, have any rule, nor his camps, for all of them take cover before the camps of the King, just as the idolatrous nations of the world will hide when Messiah is revealed, as it is written: "And they shall go into the holes of the rocks" (Yeshayah 2:19); "and in the holes of the rocks" (Yeshayah 7:19).
574. The Tannaim and the Amoraim arose and said, Faithful Shepherd, you are equivalent to all of Yisrael, filled with all good qualities, and certainly in you rests He about whom it is said: "There is none holy as Hashem our Elohim," NAMELY THE CAF (= AS) THAT IS PREFIXED TO YUD HEI VAV HEI WHICH ALLUDES TO KETER OF YUD HEI VAV HEI. You are a crown (keter) on each and every one of Yisrael, for there is no man who can be a crown over you, not a chief, nor sage, nor a man of understanding, not a pious man, not a mighty one, nor an honest man, not a prophet, not a righteous person, nor a king. FOR THESE ARE THE TEN SFIROT OF MALCHUT, FROM WHICH EACH INDIVIDUAL ONE OF YISRAEL TAKES. But you are in the form of the Holy One, blessed be He, NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE WORLD OF THE MALE, AS ABOVE, the son being in the form of his father, FOR MOSES IS THE SON OF ZEIR ANPIN, just as is Yisrael AS A WHOLE, about whom it is written: "You are the children to Hashem your Elohim" (Devarim 14:1). Complete the precept of your Master, for there is no PRECEPT of those precepts that you perform with which the Holy One, blessed be He, and His Shechinah will not be adorned above and below, with upper Keter in every attribute.
575. THE FAITHFUL SHEPHERD opened and said: Tannaim and Amoraim, LISTEN. AND THE ZOHAR EXPLAINS that every time that THE FAITHFUL SHEPHERD called all the friends, with Rabbi Shimon among them, BY THE TITLE 'TANNAIM AND AMORAIM,' he said to them: I praise you according to your munificence, for you are the sons of princes, NAMELY: Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. No one but the Master of the Universe can praise you, for even the whole of the Torah in its infinite extension is dependent on you. As it is said in the Torah: "Its measure is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea" (Iyov 11:9), so is your praise. But may what was fulfilled in me be fulfilled in you also, for I rejoiced in the honor of Aaron, my brother, as we have learned ABOUT AARON: The heart that rejoiced at the greatness of his brother shall put on the Urim and Tumim.
576. And LISTEN, Tannaim and Amoraim, all the additional prayers of Shabbatot and festivals, every additional service in which Keter is recited, are known from here, NAMELY KETER OF ZEIR ANPIN, ABOUT WHICH IS SAID: "THERE IS NONE HOLY AS HASHEM." And the smell of all the prayers of Yisrael is as the smell of "myrrh and frankincense, with all the powders of the merchant" (Shir Hashirim 3:6). This is the case of weekdays, but on Shabbatot and festivals, WHEN THE KETER OF ZEIR ANPIN ILLUMINATES, AS ABOVE, the prayer is much more valuable for the Holy One, blessed be He, than all sorts of spices.
577. For on festival days THE PRAYERS are more sublime AND VALUABLE than all "the powders (Heb. avkah) of the merchant," about which it is said: "and there wrestled (Heb. ye'avek) a man with him" (Beresheet 32:25), for Samael wrestles with faulty prayer, using it to fight AND DENOUNCE by means of that fault of a transgression IN THE PRAYER; namely with that dust (Heb. avak) OF THE PRAYER, HE ASCENDS AND DENOUNCES, and this rises up to the heavens.