581. Rabbi Shimon said: Faithful Shepherd, this is your Hod, in which your prophecy is dried up on the left, and because you "caused... to go at the right hand of Moses" (Yeshayah 63:12), which is Netzach, which is the head of the dawns, "A loving hind" (Mishlei 5:19), THEREFORE David opened: "To the chief musician upon the morning star (hind)" (Tehilim 22:1), for the victors (Heb. menatzchim) in the wars will come through NETZACH. And since Netzach and Hod are two dawns, it was taught in the Mishnah: From what time may one recite the Sh'ma in the mornings? It does not say, 'in the morning', but 'in the mornings', two of them.
582. And two Messiahs, COMING FROM TWO MALCHUTS (LIT. 'KINGDOMS') awaken before them, NETZACH AND HOD. Messiah son of David parallels Netzach and is connected with the morning of Abraham, which is as is written: "at Your right hand are pleasures for evermore (Heb. Netzach)" (Tehilim 16:11). Hod IS CONNECTED to Gvurah, since to it, TO HOD, is attached Messiah the son of Efraim. You, MOSES, THE FAITHFUL SHEPHERD, are in the center, for your level is Tiferet, for the Central Column, WHICH IS TIFERET, is connected with you, and also Yesod, the life of the Worlds, is in your level. And Chochmah is on the right; let him who wants to be wise turn south. And Binah is on the left; let him who wants to be rich turn to the north.
583. She, MALCHUT, is a rainbow with you, FOR MALCHUT RECEIVES FROM HIM THE THREE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW, WHICH ARE THE SECRET OF THE THREE COLUMNS. And this RAINBOW is the apparel of the Shechinah and the apparel of the Righteous, WHICH IS YESOD, that is called 'the covenant of the rainbow'. And it is the sign of the Shabbat and the sign of a festival, and the sign of Tefilin, and the sign of circumcision. And the Holy One, blessed be He, said: 'One who is not marked with the sign shall not enter into this vision, into this room,' WHICH IS MALCHUT. And MALCHUT is a staff (Heb. mateh), for the Central Column, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, inclines (Heb. mateh) on it towards Chesed, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE RIGHT COLUMN, for the completely righteous, to accord them merits with the eighteen blessings of the Amidah prayer, and inclines towards liability, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE LEFT COLUMN, for the wicked, to judge them with Gvurah as guilty according to their deeds. And in the Central Column it is lenient to those who are mediocre. And this is the form of the letter Shin, THAT HAS THREE HEADS, CORRESPONDING TO THESE THREE COLUMNS.
584. The three colors of the rainbow, WHITE, RED AND GREEN, WHICH ARE THE SECRET OF THE THREE COLUMNS, are a sign of the covenant, NAMELY OF YESOD. The rainbow ITSELF IS an only daughter, the Queen Shabbat, WHICH IS MALCHUT THAT RECEIVES THE THREE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW FROM YESOD. And she, MALCHUT, has six grades, CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD OF METATRON, under her control, which are the six days of Creation that are included in Metatron, about which it is said: "Six days you shall do your work" (Shemot 23:12), but the only daughter, MALCHUT OF ZEIR ANPIN, is Shabbat to Yud Hei Vav Hei: "whoever does work on it shall be put to death" (Shemot 35:2).
585. Yud Hei Vav Hei is called by the letter Hei, THAT IS TO SAY THE LETTER HEI COMPLETES THE NAME YUD HEI VAV HEI. FOR ZEIR ANPIN IS YUD HEI VAV, AND THE FINAL HEI IS MALCHUT, and from this side to the right, Yud-Hei-Vav, where the Hei is its completion. And so it is with each of the six extremities OF ZEIR ANPIN, THE HEI IS HIS COMPLETION. FOR THERE ARE SIX COMBINATIONS OF THE LETTERS YUD HEI VAV IN THE SIX EXTREMITIES OF ZEIR ANPIN, NAMELY: Yud Hei Vav; Hei Vav Yud; Vav Yud Hei; Yud Vav Hei; Hei Yud Vav; and Vav Hei Yud. This comes to a total of eighteen letters that are included in the Righteous, the life (Heb. chai = 18) of the worlds, WHICH IS YESOD. MALCHUT is the fourth part of a hin on each side. THAT IS TO SAY MALCHUT IS THE FOURTH LETTER, THAT IS THE FINAL HEI THAT COMPLEMENTS EACH OF THE ABOVE SIX COMBINATIONS. THUS IT IS CALLED 'THE FOURTH PART OF A HIN' BECAUSE IT IS THE FOURTH LETTER AND THEREFORE THE FOURTH PART, AND IT IS OF A HIN BECAUSE IT IS THE LETTER HEI.
586. And she, MALCHUT, is Hei FULLY SPELLED WITH ALEPH, from the point of view of the explicit Name Yud-Vav-Dalet, Hei-Aleph, Vav-Aleph Vav. Yud-Vav-Dalet is in Chesed; Hei-Aleph is in Gvurah; Vav Aleph Vav is in Tiferet, WHILE THE FINAL HEI-ALEPH IS IN MALCHUT. And when these 39 are in control, the sages prohibited forty save one types of work that are called 'the main classes' (lit. 'fathers') of work, because they correspond to the patriarchs who control them, NAMELY CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET THAT ARE CALLED 'PATRIARCHS'. FOR YUD-VAV -DALET, HEI-ALEPH, VAV-ALEPH-VAV ARE CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET, AS ABOVE, AND THEIR NUMERICAL VALUE IS 39, namely forty save one.
587. And with these forty save one types of work THAT ARE PERMITTED ON WEEKDAYS, lashes were administered, ten to Adam, ten to Eve, ten to the serpent, and nine to the land, MAKING A TOTAL OF 39 CURSES. And because these 39, NAMELY YUD-VAV-DALET, HEI-ALEPH, VAV-ALEPH VAV, rule on Shabbat, which is Hei-ALEPH, no lashes are administered on Shabbat. And these 39 are not the same as the 39 TYPES OF WORK PERMITTED on a weekday, for the former are from the side of the servant Metatron, while the forty save one types of work are sowing and ploughing, etc.
588. THE FAITHFUL SHEPHERD SAID TO RABBI SHIMON: Old man, old man, the Shechinah is called 'the earth of the Holy One, blessed be He', as it is said: "and the earth is My footstool" (Yeshayah 66:1). From the point of view of Chesed, THE SHECHINAH is called 'water', and from the point of view of Gvurah, she is called 'fire', while from the point of view of the Central Column, WHICH IS TIFERET, IT IS CALLED 'air'. But IN HERSELF, the SHECHINAH IS CALLED 'earth', ground for all of them, NAMELY SHE ACCEPTS ALL OF THEM.
589. And whereas the extra Neshamah spreads in the Shechinah, which is the Shabbat Queen, about which is said: "and His kingdom rules over all" (Tehilim 103:19), from there is Malchut, whose rule is over the earth and over the trees and the seeds. And since the Tree of Life, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, which is the extra Neshamah that comes on the Shabbat, contains all her offspring, the earth, which is the Shechinah, has rest.
590. And since the upper Shechinah, WHICH IS BINAH, spreads in the land, WHICH IS MALCHUT, and about MALCHUT, it is said: "a red heifer without defect, in which there is no blemish, and upon which never came a yoke" (Bemidbar 19:2), it is forbidden to plough with an ox on the Shabbat, as it is written: "The ploughers ploughed upon my back" (Tehilim 129:3), NAMELY THE JUDGMENTS OF THE LEFT, FOR IT IS THEREFORE SAID ABOUT MALCHUT "UPON WHICH NEVER CAME A YOKE." And the lower Shechinah, WHICH IS MALCHUT, is a red heifer from the aspect of Gvurah, perfect from the point of view of Chesed, which is the level of Abraham, about whom it is said: "Walk before Me and be perfect" (Beresheet 17:1). "in which there is no blemish" is from the side of the Central Column, WHICH IS TIFERET. "and upon which never came a yoke" is from the side of the upper Shechinah, WHICH IS BINAH, which is freedom, for where she is in control, "the stranger that comes near shall be put to death" (Bemidbar 1:51), since permission to control is not granted to the Other Side, not to the Satan nor to the Destroyer nor to the Angel of Death, for they are from the side of Gehenom.