267. (THE BEGINNING IS MISSING) he stretched from his side and was hidden and covered under an area that is called the cell of the runners until midnight. After midnight, a flame emerged from the pillar of Isaac, THAT IS THE LEFT COLUMN, and struck at the rooster called Gever (Eng. 'male/rooster'), WHO IS GABRIEL, similar to another gever higher above him - WHO IS GVURAH OF ZEIR ANPIN, THE PILLAR OF ISAAC. Once THE FLAME IN THE LEFT COLUMN struck at the male, WHO IS GABRIEL, he called out and gave six sounds, all intelligent.
268. At the time he, MEANING GABRIEL, calls, all the roosters of this world call. Another flame emerges from him, FROM GABRIEL, reaches them under their wings and they call. What does he, GABRIEL, call? In the first hour, he calls and says: "The voice of Hashem is powerful; the voice of Hashem is full of majesty" (Tehilim 29:3-9). In the second hour, he calls and says, "The voice of Hashem breaks the cedars." In the third hour, he calls and says: "The voice of Hashem divides the flames of fire." In the fourth hour, he calls and says: "The voice of Hashem shakes the wilderness..." In the fifth hour, he calls and says: "The voice of Hashem is upon the waters..." In the sixth hour, he calls and says: "The voice of Hashem makes the hinds to calve..." Then he says: "A voice says, 'Cry,' and he said, 'what should I cry?'" (Yeshayah 40:6). That one is GABRIEL. He is the rooster that continues calling and does not get quieted. After that, he calls again.
269. HE ASKS: What is GABRIEL crying AFTER THAT? HE REPLIES: He calls out all the activities of people, since he is the keeper of the case, MEANING THAT IN HIS AUSPICES IS THE CONTAINER THAT HOLDS ALL THE SCRIPT LETTERS AND THE VERDICTS AND EDICTS. The inkwell of the writer is at his waist and he writes down all the activities of the world's inhabitants every day. At night, after he finishes reading out all these calls MENTIONED ABOVE, he reads everything he wrote during the day.
270. (A) If not for the fingers of his feet that contain IN THEM two steps, one IS THE FINGER standing in the middle, which is large AND ONE IS THE FINGER that stands behind, which is small, IF NOT FOR THESE TWO FINGERS that deter him, he would have burned the world with his flames. What do they do as soon as the morning light breaks and a thread of grace comes out of the south side? All join, MEANING THE MIDDLE FINGER WITH THE REAR FINGER, and they become two hoofs on EACH OF both legs, like a calf to uphold what is written: "And the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot" (Yechezkel 1:7). You already know this secret. You asked about the branch of the threshing ground... (THE REST IS MISSING).
(B) In the inner part of this courtyard, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF MALCHUT, there are 365 sanctuaries, as the number of days in the year. At each and every entrance AT EACH SANCTUARY, it is written: "Peace be within your walls, and prosperity within your palaces" (Tehilim 122:7). It is not known what is in those sanctuaries, except that all encircle EACH OTHER in artistic tapestry; seven orders of gems ring within one another, in each and every one, MEANING IN EACH AND EVERY SANCTUARY.
271. Oh, holy pious one. How much the head of the Yeshivah was praising a certain sanctuary that was situated at the top of the east side of this court, because there are four ASPECTS in the court, to the four corners of the world - WHICH ARE CHESED AND GVURAH ON THE RIGHT AND THE LEFT WHICH IS SOUTH AND NORTH, AND TIFERET AND MALCHUT ON THE EAST AND WEST. But the lights of the sanctuary on the east side are greater than all of them.