199. The forehead of the skull is the supervision of providence. It is not revealed except for the period during which the wicked must be accounted AND IT IS NECESSARY to scrutinize their deeds. We have learned that when the forehead OF ZEIR ANPIN is revealed, all the plaintiffs are aroused and the world at large is given to trial, except for that particular period when the prayers of Yisrael ascend before Atik Yomin and he wishes to have compassion on his children. He reveals HIS forehead THAT IS REFERRED TO AS the Will of all Will and illuminates with that FOREHEAD of Zeir Anpin, and Judgment is soothed.
200. In that forehead emerges one hair that spreads on it from the brain that produced fifty gates. When THAT HAIR expands OVER THE FOREHEAD OF ZEIR ANPIN, it becomes the supervising forehead over the wicked of the world, those who are not ashamed of their deeds. This is the meaning of: "And you did have a harlot's forehead, you did refuse to be ashamed" (Yirmeyah 3:3).
201. We have learned that there is no hair in that specific place in the brow, because THE FOREHEAD is revealed to those who sin with impudence. During the period that the Holy One, blessed be He, is aroused to delight in the righteous, the face of Atik Yomin shines in the face of Zeir Anpin. The forehead OF ARICH ANPIN is revealed and shines upon the forehead OF ZEIR ANPIN and it is referred to as a time of goodwill. During each individual period that Judgment impends and the forehead of Zeir Anpin is revealed, the forehead of the most ancient among the ancient ones is revealed, and Judgment is appeared and not executed.
202. We have learned that this brow expands in 200,000 beings most red that are attached to it and are comprised within. When the forehead of Zeir Anpin is revealed, there is permission for all to destroy; that is, to cause DESTRUCTION. When the forehead of the Will of all wills is revealed and shines on to this forehead, all are appeased.
203. We have learned that 24 courts of law exist in this brow and all are referred to as Netzach. With the adjoining letters, MEANING THE TRANSPOSITION OF ADJACENT LETTERS, it becomes Metzach (Eng. 'forehead'), SINCE THE NUN OF NETZACH EXCHANGES WITH MEM. There is a Netzach which is Netzachim, or as we have learned Netzach Netzachim. They exist in the forehead and expand from there into the body in certain places.
204. We have learned that it is written: "And also the Eternal One (Heb. Netzach) of Yisrael will not lie nor change his mind: for he is not a man, that He should change his mind" (I Shmuel 15:29). We have explained this secret meaning: All the Netzach that spreads in the body, THAT IS, IN THE SIX EXTEMITIES, sometimes causes judgment to impend on people to judge, and then changes his mind and does not execute judgment if they repent. What is the reason? Because he exists in a place referred to as man and is able to change his mind. However, if it is in a place referred to as head, MEANING THE FIRST THREE SFIROT, then that Netzach is revealed; it is not the time and place to change his mind. What is the reason? It is because he is not in the place called man, WHICH IS THE SIX EXTREMITIES, SINCE the countenance OF THE FACE and nose, WHICH ARE SIX EXTREMITIES CALLED MAN, were not revealed, just the brow itself is revealed, THAT IS THE FIRST THREE SFIROT, SINCE THE FOREHEAD AND THE FACE ARE THE FIRST THREE SFIROT AND THE SIX EXTREMITIES. In the place where there is no countenance OF THE FACE, WHICH IS SIX EXTREMITIES THAT ARE IN THE FOREHEAD, it is not considered man. Therefore, "for he is not a man, that he should change his mind," as is the Netzach in other bodily Corrections (formations), MEANING THE NETZACH IN THE SIX EXTREMITIES THAT MAKE UP MAN.