61. Similarly, there are three partners above in the secret of Adam. Even though his body was from earth, it was not from earth here OF THIS WORLD, but from the earth of the Temple on high, BEING IN THE STATE OF THE WORLD OF BRIYAH. Aba and Ima are present, NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT. And the supernal King, NAMELY BINAH, participated with them and sent the spirit of life, and he was created. Similarly, THREE PARTNERS all exist above and below. Therefore, man needs to fear the Holy One, blessed be He, his father, and his mother.
62. IT IS RECORDED in the secrets of the Torah that Adam had nothing from this world, MEANING, FROM THE STATE OF MALCHUT OF THE QUALITY OF JUDGMENT. The Righteous, BEING THE YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, had his contact with the female, MEANING WITH MALCHUT THAT WAS CLOTHING BINAH. From this contact came one body whose illumination WAS more than all the angels and messenger from above. When that one body was created, the supernal King, BINAH, sent with this Righteous, DENOTING YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, 22 letters; BINAH joined with them and then he came into the world.
63. When he, ADAM, came INTO THE WORLD, the sun and moon saw him and their light was dimmed; the heel of the foot OF ADAM darkened their light. For what reason? Because he is derived from the doings of the supernal sun and moon, NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT. However, when he sinned, he became dark and reduced himself and needed another body with skin and flesh, as it is written, "For the man also and for his wife did Hashem Elohim make coats of skins, and clothed them" (Beresheet 3:21). The like of that contact that the righteous had with the female, LEADING TO THE BIRTH OF ADAM AS MENTIONED, there never was before this, NOR afterwards. For the craftsman has not yet come out to refine.
64. When Enoch came, the Holy One, blessed be He, took him from the earth, cleansed him from the refuse and the silver from the tin residue, and so with all the righteous in the land. Afterwards, that place was corrected, MEANING MALCHUT, WHERE MALCHUT OF THE QUALITY OF JUDGMENT WAS CONCEALED AND WAS NO LONGER SEEN. THEN were fashioned from the coupling OF ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT spirits and souls, and the body below on earth. Hence, as a result of the participation of above and below, man comes into the world. And it is incumbent upon him to fear these participants and revere them, as we learned. End of Ra'aya Mehimna (the Faithful Shepherd).
65. "Turn not to idols, nor make to yourselves molten Elohim" (Vayikra 19:4). Rabbi Chiya commenced: "Look not to the stubbornness of this people ..." (Devarim 9:27). "...look not..." HE QUESTIONS: Who can tell the King, "look not," seeing that it is written, "For His eyes are upon the ways of man" (Iyov 34:21), and, "'Can any hide himself in secret places, that I shall not see him?' Says Hashem" (Yirmeyah 23:24). The Holy One, blessed be He, watches everything, looks at all deeds, and brings Judgment for all, whether good or bad, as it is written: "For the Elohim shall bring every work into justice, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil" (Kohelet 12:14). Yet Moses says, "Look not."
66. HE ANSWERS: See how much a person needs to be cautious of sins in order not to transgress before the Holy King. Come and behold: when one performs a precept, this precept ascends and then stands before the Holy One blessed be He, and says, 'I belong to so and so who made me.' The Holy One, blessed be He, places it before him and watches over it daily in order to benefit THE PERSON on its behalf. If A MAN transgresses with a matter of Torah, that transgression appears before Him and says, 'I am a product of the one who made me.' The Holy One, blessed be He, appoints it, and it remains there so that He may see it in order to punish him. This is the essence of the verse, "And when Hashem saw it, He abhorred them, because of the provocation of His sons and daughters" (Devarim 32:19). What is meant by "saw?" IT MEANS THE TRANSGRESSION standing before Him.
67. He repents. Then it is written, "Hashem also has commuted your sin, you shall not die" (II Shmuel 12:13), meaning that He removed from before Him that sin, in order not to look at it and to benefit him. Therefore, IT IS WRITTEN, "look not to the stubbornness of this people, nor to their wickedness, nor to their sin," MEANING, DO NOT LOOK AT THEM. Rabbi Yosi said: Also from here is derived THIS IDEA, as it is written, "yet the stain of your iniquity is before Me" (Yirmeyah 2:22).