329. Rabbi Shimon said: Though it is all as we said, yet the Holy One, blessed be He, lets THE OTHER SIDE rule, and we should subjugate the spirit of defilement on all sides. Come and I will tell you a high secret, that may not be revealed outside the circle of exalted saints.
330. Come and see: The Holy One, blessed be He gave that place, the spirit of defilement, power to rule over the world in several ways. It can inflict harm, and we may not treat it with contempt, but should be careful to avoid it so it may not denounce our holiness. Therefore, we have a secret means, that we give it a small place within that which is holy, for its power originates in holiness.
331. IT IS, in the secret of Tefilin we enclose a small calf's hair, jutting out to be seen. This hair does not defile, unless it is joins together and reaches the required size, less than that does not bring uncleanness. We should put this hair within our highest holiness, and give it place so it will not denounce us within our holiness.
332. SOME of the hair should jut out OF THE TEFILIN, to be seen, for when THE OTHER SIDE sees a man dwelling in upper holiness, with its own portion taking part, it would not denounce, nor be able to inflict harm above or below, for it was given place. But if it is not given a portion in holiness, it may inflict harm below and it goes up to prosecute above saying, 'A certain man, who now makes himself holy, did that and that on a certain day, and these are his sins.' So Judgment descends upon that man and he is punished by it.
333. So did the children of Yisrael do, who knew this secret: when they started to make themselves holy in the supernal holiness of Yom Kippur, they were careful to immediately give it its share and a portion among themselves so it would not denounce them, nor mention the sins of Yisrael. For how many are the bands and legions ready to take words of denouncements from it? Happy is the portion of he, who is able to guard himself so his sins may not be mentioned above, and he would not be noticed for the worse.
334. Meanwhile, the eyes of Rabbi Aba were pouring tears, BECAUSE HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND THAT MYSTERY COMPLETELY. RABBI SHIMON told him: Aba, Aba, unloose your girdle, and see to it that you perceive, because the mysteries in heaven were revealed to the meritorious, as it is written, "the secret of Hashem is for them that fear Him" (Tehilim 25:14).
335. Come and see: On the day of Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year) the world is judged, and the Holy One, blessed be He, sits in Judgment over the world. The Other Side stands on one side, looking closely at and registering those condemned to death. When Yisrael awakens Mercy by the sound of the Shofar, it loses count, and does not know nor notices the condemned, until after those who do not repent are condemned to death, and the orders come out of the house of the King and delivered TO THE OTHER SIDE. Once THE ORDERS are delivered, they are not revoked until Judgment is executed.
336. Yisrael should beware of it, OF THE PROSECUTOR, all the more so a person alone, and they should be protected by means of the holy secret above, BECAUSE IT HAS ITS ROOT IN HOLINESS. They should give it monthly, when the moon, MALCHUT, is new, a he-goat, so it would not denounce the waxing, but will take its deserved portion from the he-goat, while the holy moon, MALCHUT, will suck from holiness and wax properly.
337. Since it waxes every month, it is called 'a youth', as we already explained. And that one, THE OTHER SIDE, always immersed in defilement, never to leave, is called "old and foolish king" (Kohelet 4:13). For that reason, holy Yisrael is the one nation in holy unison, to whom the Holy One, blessed be He, gives them advice on how to be saved from all. Happy are they in this world and in the World to Come, as it is written, "Your people also shall be all righteous, they shall inherit the land forever; they shall be the branch of My planting, the work of My hands, that I may be glorified" (Yeshayah 60: 21).