243. However, start to gird your weapon and tie your knot, since it is time to divulge, as you started the matter. Upon the width of the temple house, there is the inner hall of the court. At that court are twelve entrances according to the number of the tribes of Yisrael. On one entrance, it is written Reuben. On the second entrance, it is written Shimon. Similarly, the rest of the tribes of Yisrael are marked on these entrances. During the period when they will come up to be seen in the presence of the Master of the world, whoever enters at the opening that is marked Reuben, the entrances accept him if he is from Reuben's tribe. If not, THE ENTRANCES expel him to the exterior. Similarly with all of them, the entrances do not accept anyone unless they are from the tribe that is marked on them. That way, each one is investigated and identified.
244. (A) And 365 pillars of glowing light are on each side of the four sides IN THE COURT. All these pillars are called living pillars, since their light does not remain still in one position, since some of these PILLARS ascend and some descend, and make room for each other. Those ascending strike at each other and sing a tune and so also do those that descend.
(B) Which tune do the ascending PILLARS sing? That is an anonymous tune, NO NAME IS MENTIONED AS TO WHO COMPOSED IT. "A psalm. O sing to Hashem a new song; for He has done marvelous things..." (Tehilim 98:1). HE INQUIRES: "A new song?'' Is there such a thing as an old song? It is only that song through which, until the present, the angels have not praised Him yet, since it is new. What is the reason that it is new? It is because it is him that renews his youth, MEANING THE YOUTH METATRON, who praises Him and says it. So spoke the head of the Yeshivah. METATRON is considered new and he is new, BECAUSE HE REVITALIZES HIS YOUTH REGULARLY and it is because he is attached to the sun, THAT IS ZEIR ANPIN, and is not separated from it. This excludes the Other Side, which contains nothing new, as it is written of it: "And there is nothing new" (Kohelet 1:9) since he is old and wilted and does not refresh.
245. Again, the head of the Yeshivah began. Sarah was rejuvenated with delight, as her level, THAT IS A FEMALE, brought it, as it is written: "After I am grown old shall I have pleasure (Heb. ednah) (lit. 'pleasure was to me')" (Beresheet 18:12). What is "ednah?'' That is the continuation of the supernal Eden, WHICH IS CHOCHMAH. Since it was drawn upon her from the feminine aspect, it is written with Hei. Therefore, it is written "was," using a feminine and not a masculine suffix.
246. "My lord being old also" (Ibid.). HE ASKS: Because he is aged, is he not able to have children? WE FIND THAT OLD PEOPLE CAN ALSO HAVE CHILDREN. HE REPLIES: However, she said something significant IN SAYING, it is due to that old one, WHICH IS THE OTHER SIDE, THAT HAS NO REJUVENATION OR FECUNDITY AS MENTIONED. ABRAHAM is not rejuvenated and producing children, because if THE OTHER SIDE would have produced offspring, he would have made the world blurred. About this, the Holy One, blessed be He, replied, "Why did Sarah laugh..." (Ibid. 13). THAT IS TO SAY, SAYING THAT OLD ONE OF THE OTHER SIDE IS DOMINANT IN ABRAHAM. HE ASKS: You may wonder that it is written: "And Abraham was old, advanced in age (lit. 'coming with days')" (Beresheet 24:1), SO WE SEE THAT EVEN THE SCRIPTURE CONSIDERS ABRAHAM OLD. HE REPLIES: It is only because THE VERSE READS "coming with days," meaning that he is coming with days, the high days above OF ZEIR ANPIN, that renew their youthfulness like an eagle. Therefore, DUE TO THOSE HIGHER DAYS, this melody OF: "A PSALM. O SING TO HASHEM A NEW SONG" is the tune of that new one, METATRON, WHO IS ATTACHED TO THE HIGHER DAYS OF ZEIR ANPIN. "Have gained Him the victory" (Tehilim 98:1): Have gained whom the victory? That is, gain victory to the new one, WHO CONTAINS the right of the King up high, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, and His arm, MEANING, ALSO THE LEFT. THEREFORE, IT IS WRITTEN: "HIS RIGHT HAND, AND HIS HOLY ARM" (IBID.).
247. UNTIL HERE, HE EXPLAINED THE SONG OF THE PILLARS THAT ARE ASCENDING UPWARDS. AND NOW HE EXPLAINS, Those PILLARS that descend FROM ABOVE DOWNWARDS also sing the music and chant another authorless song, MEANING THAT NO NAME IS ASCRIBED TO ITS COMPOSER. What is it? That is "a psalm of thanksgiving" (Tehilim 100:1), which is also authorless.
248. The light OF THE PILLARS appears as one light and when they roll around, five phases of light appear in each pillar. These pillars are all hollowed from the inside and, when they go up and down, flames of fire are spurting out similar to pomegranates and blossoms. Above each individual pillar are situated three apples, to which three colors are attracted - red, green and white. In each individual color glow prominently letters of green flames of fire, which never rest. There is no one that will understand AND HAVE ANY CONCEPTION OF THEM.
249. Four embroidered circles expand and encircle each and every pillar OF THE 365 PILLARS MENTIONED ABOVE THAT ARE ON EACH SIDE OF THE COURT. In these circles, there are great marvels. When they turn, they exude tongues of gold and precious stones, which are instantly gathered back into them. They do not fall to the ground. During the period when these tongues of gold and precious stones are emerging, a sound is heard from within the turning of the circles that says, "'This is the heritage of the servants of Hashem and the recompense of their righteousness appointed by Me,' says Hashem" (Yeshayah 54:17).
250. There are two lions in each individual circle, one lion from one side and one lion from the other side. All are of green fire. THE LIONS embrace each other in the orbit in which the circles turn, and all go in a circle attached one to the other. When the pillars rise, the lions roar at each other and apples fly in the air ascending and knock each other in the air. Then they return to their spot and from there they drop. The lions extend their paws to receive them AND THE APPLES rise on their own. Oh, holy pious one, who saw the wisdom of this craftsmanship that the Holy One, blessed be He, fashioned in those pillars!
251. At midday, two eagles leave in each individual ring. They rest on the heads of the lions. At that point, the pillars and the rings become still and stay in their position. Apples fall onto the eagles' mouths and they accept them, and instantly, THE APPLES fly from mouth to mouth. About an hour and a half later, the eagles raise their voice and chant a lovely melody, then hide.