290. Each Shabbat eve when Yisrael sanctifies the day below, the proclamation goes out to the four corners of the world to assemble holy camps and prepare the thrones. Who saw such joy, WHEN in 390 firmaments many appointed ones and many rulers gather to their stations. As soon as Yisrael below sanctify THE DAY, the Tree of Life, THAT IS ZEIR ANPIN, gets awakened and a wind blows from the World to Come, WHICH IS BINAH, and beats at its leaves. The branches in the tree shake and exude fragrances from the World to Come. THE TREE IS ZEIR ANPIN, ITS BRANCHES ARE HIS SFIROT, ITS LEAVES ARE THE SOULS THAT IT PRODUCES. THE 390 FIRMAMENTS ARE THE SECRET OF CHOCHMAH AND BINAH, TIFERET AND MALCHUT, OF WHICH EACH IS COMPRISED OF ONE HUNDRED EXCEPT FOR MALCHUT THAT LACKS TEN LAST ONES, THESE BEING FROM MALCHUT OF MALCHUT WHICH ARE FROM THE ATRIBUTE OF JUDGMENT, AND ARE STORED AWAY, AND THEREFORE THEY ARE FOUR HUNDRED MINUS TEN.
291. The Tree of Life awakens and produces sacred souls, and spreads THEM over the world. Nevertheless, souls come and souls go, MEANING TO SAY THAT SOULS GO OUT TO BE DRESSED IN YISRAEL IN THIS WORLD AND THE SOULS OF THE RIGHTEOUS ASCEND FROM THE LOWER GARDEN OF EDEN AND ENTER ABOVE TO THE GARDEN OF EDEN UP HIGH. Those THAT LEAVE stir those TO ENTER. Therefore, these leave and these ascend and the Tree of Life, THAT IS ZEIR ANPIN, is joyful.
292. Then all the children of Yisrael are adorned with the crowns of these sacred souls, THE SECRET OF THE ADDITIONAL SOULS, and all are in happiness and repose. And throughout the Shabbat, they enjoy that happiness and satisfaction. All the just that are in the Garden ascend and take pleasure in that uppermost pleasure of the World to Come, IN THE UPPER GARDEN OF EDEN. When Shabbat ends, all the souls fly away FROM YISRAEL and go up ABOVE.
293. Come and see: When Shabbat arrives, the souls come down, MEANING THE ADDITIONAL SOULS, to rest on a Holy Nation. And the souls of the righteous, FROM THE LOWER GARDEN OF EDEN, ascend above TO THE HIGHER GARDEN OF EDEN. When Shabbat ends, those souls that dwelt upon Yisrael rise above, THAT IS, THE ADDITIONAL SOULS, and the souls of the just descend, THOSE THAT ROSE TO THE HIGHER GARDEN OF EDEN, AND ARE NOW RETURNING TO THE LOWER GARDEN OF EDEN.
294. As soon as all the souls that dwelt on Yisrael have risen above, they rise and stand, in form, in the presence of the Holy King. The Holy One, blessed be He, asks all of them, What new things in the Torah have you had in that world? Praised is the one that says in His presence a new interpretation in the Torah, as so much joy is produced by the Holy One, blessed be He. He gathers His entourage, MEANING THE HIGHER SOULS AND ANGELS, and says, Hear the new words of Torah, which that soul of so-and-so is recounting. All explain that point in the two Yeshivot, MEANING IN THE YESHIVAH OF THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, AND THE YESHIVAH OF METATRON; they below, and the Holy One, blessed be He, above seals that item.
295. Come and see: When some novel interpretation in Torah is discovered and the ADDITIONAL soul that came down in Shabbat was involved in this novel interpretation of the Torah, and ascends, AFTER SHABBAT, the entire entourage above listen to that matter. The holy living creatures grow large with their outstretched wings and put on their wings. When He asks THE SOULS ABOUT THE TORAH'S NOVEL INTERPRETATIONS, they do not respond, but remain quiet. Then it is written about the sanctified holy living creatures: "When they stood still, they let down their wings" (Yechezkel 1:25). "STOOD STILL" MEANS IN THEIR SILENCE, as it says: "Because they stand there, and answer no more" (Iyov 32:16). "And when he opened it, all the people stood up" (Nechemyah 8:5), MEANING THEY WERE SILENT.
296. If you wonder why silence is referred to by standing, HE REPLIES it is because during speech, there are seven limbs that move WHILE TALKING, which are the heart, lung, voice pipe, tongue, teeth, lips and flesh. When silenced, they stay in their position without moving. Therefore, he calls silence standing.
297. (THE BEGINNING IS MISSING...) because Rav Hamnuna Saba (the elder) said, "May He send you help from the sanctuary..." (Tehilim 20:4-5); the sanctuary is the sanctifying of the hands, MEANING THE FIRST WASHING BEFORE THE MEAL. "And strengthen you out of Zion:'' That is the blessing on the bread, which satisfies the heart of a person. "May He remember all your offerings:'' "All" indicates something else in addition, which is the washing of the hands at the end, MEANING THE LAST WATERS. "And accept with favor your burnt offering:'' That is blessing after the meal in the company of the required quorum. If you do so, "May He grant you your heart's desire, and fulfill all your counsel" and on Shabbat, THE WORD "sanctuary" alludes to the great sanctification (Heb. kiddush) IN THE MORNING. About this matter, the righteous in the Garden of Eden were adorned with crowns, from one Shabbat to the next Shabbat...(THE END IS MISSING).