40. David said, "For Your servant David's sake do not turn away the face of Your anointed" (Tehilim 132:10). The way I ordered things may not be changed back, THAT IS, REPEALED. The Holy One, blessed be He, responded, David, upon your life, I shall not even use My own vessels; I shall use yours. And the Holy one, blessed be He, was not gone before He lavished gifts and presents on him, as it is written, "Hashem has sworn in truth to David; He will not turn from it; One of the sons of your body will I set upon your throne" (Tehilim 132:11). Rabbi Yitzchak kissed him and said, Had I come this all way only to learn this, it is enough.
41. One son OF THIS MAN opened the discussion with the verse, "And Jacob went out from Beer-Sheva, and went toward Charan." This resembles the verse, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and cleave to his wife" (Beresheet 2:24). FOR JACOB WENT OUT FROM BEER-SHEVA, LEAVING HIS FATHER AND MOTHER BEHIND, TO GO TO CHARAN AND TAKE A WIFE. Another explanation of: "And Jacob went..." is that it alludes to the children of Yisrael who left the Temple and were exiled among the nations, as it is written, "And from the daughter of Zion all her splendor is departed" (Eichah 1:6), and "Judah is gone into exile because of affliction..." (Ibid. 3).
42. The other, younger son began with the verse, "And he lighted upon the place and tarried there" (Beresheet 28:11). HE ASKS, What is the meaning of the phrase, "And he lighted upon the place?" IT IS SIMILAR to the king who goes to the house of the consort. He needs to gain her favor and please her with substantial things so as to treat her with respect. Even if the king has His own gold bed with artistically embroided covers and bedding, if she prepares him a bed of rocks on the ground in a room of fodder, he will neglect his own place and sleep in hers to please her, to harmonize their desires without coercion. As we have learned, as soon as JACOB went to her, it is written, "And he took of the stones of that place, and put them under his head, and lay down in that place to sleep," THE SECRET OF THE NUKVA, to give her pleasure, so that even stones for construction were pleasant to tarry on.
43. Rabbi Yitzchak wept and rejoiced. He said, These pearls are in your hands. How can I not follow you? They replied, You shall go your own way, and we shall enter the city to attend the marriage feast of my son. Rabbi Yitzchak said, Now I must go my way - FOR HE SAW THAT THEY DID NOT WANT HIM TO WALK FURTHER WITH THEM. He set their words before Rabbi Shimon, who said, Assuredly they have spoken well. And everything THAT WAS SAID OF JACOB was spoken of the Holy One, blessed be He. RABBI SHIMON said, These words are from the descendants of Rabbi Tzadok, the invalid. Why was he called an invalid? Because he fasted for forty years for Jerusalem, so that it would not be destroyed during his life. He used to find supernal secrets in every word of the Torah, and he paved in them a path on which the children of the world may live according to its teachings.
44. Rabbi Yitzchak said, Not many days passed before I met that man and his younger son. I asked - where is your other son? He replied, I wed him, and now he stays with his wife. He recognized me and therefore said, Truly, I did not invite you to the marriage celebration of my son for three reasons. One is that I neither knew nor recognized you, and a man is invited according to his honor. I thought that perhaps you were a dignified man, and I might slight your honor. Another is that you may have been hurrying on your way, and I did not wish to inconvenience you. And the last was so that you would not be put to shame by the members of the party, for it is our custom that all who eat at the table of a bride and groom, lavish gifts and presents on them. I responded, May the Holy One, blessed be He, judge you kindly. I asked, What is your name? He said, Tzadok the Little. At that time, I learned thirteen supernal secrets of the Torah from him. And from his son I learned three secrets, one pertaining to prophecy and one to dreams - WHICH MEANS HE LEARNED FROM HIM THREE SECRETS ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PROPHECY AND DREAM.