853. The second chamber OF THE OTHER SIDE is darker than the first chamber. It is called 'grave', corresponding to the name OF THE EVIL INCLINATION 'unholy', just as the first chamber is called 'pit' corresponding to the name OF THE EVIL INCLINATION 'the Satan'. And this one is called 'grave' in relation to the name OF THE EVIL INCLINATION THAT 'unholy'. This chamber has three openings.
854. There is a chief in charge over the first opening, called 'Astiriya', and there are several thousands and tens of thousands OF FIENDS under him. He is in charge over all those who became corrupted in their ways, and spill semen on the ground, emit semen unnaturally, or play harlot with their hands, and do not see the Shechinah at all. At that time the chief on the side of defilement, whom we mentioned, comes out, with the thousands and tens of thousands WITH HIM. They all gather upon the man, to defile him in this world. This chief and his retinue defile his soul, seize it, and bring it to be judged by them.
855. These FIENDS are called 'steaming emission of sperm', for all the angry and defiled live on it, to hover about the man in heat. They increase his passion, then take it, together with the semen that was spilt to the ground, which strengthens them, and raise it above. They cause the covenant ABOVE, WHICH IS YESOD, to be enslaved by the side of unholiness TO GIVE THEM ENJOYMENT AND STRENGTH.
856. Over the second opening there is another chief, Taskifa by name. He is in charge over all those who corrupt their way, and do not spill their sperm upon the ground but in beasts, or through the strict prohibitions of the Torah, such as sexual transgressions. This chief and his retinue of several thousands and tens of thousands are all in readiness to judge him, in the same way as we said concerning the other CONDEMNED IN THE FIRST OPENING.
857. Come and see: This chief has a cup in his hand called "the cup of poison," "the cup of His fury" (Yeshayah 51:17). Those who were killed by court or punished for these transgressions are torn from the sides of unholiness, and have no portion in them, or in the cup called "the cup of poison," because they first drank of another cup, BY THE COURT, PRIOR TO THEIR DEATHS. AND DEATH BY COURT IS THEIR ATONEMENT.
858. All those who have not drunk of the cup of the court, NAMELY, WERE NOT EXECUTED BY COURT, so that the cup of poison will be torn from them, later, when the soul leaves this world, that chieftain and those with him seize it. This is, "a bitter day" (Amos 8:10), and the soul is filled with all those punishments that are different than each other.
859. In this chamber there is a spirit in charge over those WE MENTIONED. He is Niatziriel. From this fierce spirit come out three bitter drops, that fall into the cup of poison. One is called 'division' (Heb. chatzatz), WHICH IS DERIVED FROM EXCISION AND ANNIHILATION, AS IN "WHEN THE NUMBER OF HIS MONTHS IS ALREADY COMPLETE (HEB. CHUTZATZU)" (IYOV 21:21); the second is called "the bitterness of death," AS IS WRITTEN, "SURELY THE BITTERNESS OF DEATH IS PAST" (I SHMUEL 15:32); the third is called "dregs," AS IS WRITTEN, "THE DREGS, THE CUP OF POISON" (YESHAYAH 51:17). These three drops afterwards fall from the cup to the sword OF THE ANGEL OF DEATH, who kills people, as we said.
860. In the third opening stands a chief called 'Sangadiel'. He is in charge over all those who put the member of the Holy Covenant in a woman on the side of a strange El, and all those who corrupt their ways by being false to the sign of the Holy Covenant. This chief and all the chiefs with him paint on them pictures of these unholy women, by whom their holy member was defiled. All these are recorded before him, and when the man leaves this world, they defile the spirit.
861. In this chamber are all the secrets of sorcery of killing people before their time and all the magic rhat people use IS STORED HERE. All the sorcerers, who practice magic to be defiled by them, like Bilaam who cast spells, were first defiled by the steaming semen they spilled in beasts. For that Bilaam was sentenced to the steaming emission of sperm, as we said. Therefore, this chamber is called 'unholy grave'.
862. There is another spirit in that chamber, in charge under the higher spirit. He is called 'Sartaya', and has many thousands and tens of thousands under him. They all are sustained by and wait for the word, which comes out with the spirit of man, in his dream that comes from the holy side. This defiled spirit and all the complainants with him come out to join that word. They descend upon it to join it, to disprove the matter to him, and let him know other things instead, some of them false and some true.