925. The seventh chamber is the chamber of the dregs of wine, to drink one's fill, NAMELY, TO GET DRUNK BY, as it is written, "and he drank of the wine, and was drunk, and he was uncovered" (Beresheet 9:21). The pressing of the grapes, the bad grapes, is done here, and it becomes foaming wine, AS IT IS WRITTEN, "FOAMING WINE; IT IS FULL OF MIXTURE...BUT ITS DREGS, SHALL ALL THE WICKED OF THE EARTH...DRINK" (TEHILIM 75:9). FOAMING WINE MEANS the dregs of the wine. There is no one who drinks of them without bringing death to himself. Of this wine Eve gave her husband a drink, thus putting him in this chamber, as we learned that she pressed grapes and gave him to drink, thus bringing death to him, and to the whole world after him.
926. In this chamber are the unholy souls, who descend upon all those who cleave to this DEFILED side. The defiled spirit, who descends upon those of this side, comes from here. As for those who strayed from their way in the world and practiced prostitution where they should not have, and shunned the way of truth, when one cleaves to the side of the Evil Inclination by harlotry, a spirit of defilement comes out of this chamber to defile him and the child he begot BY PROSTITUTION.
927. That child is called 'a bastard', for he came from the side of a strange El. As a man is on the side of the Evil Inclination by that passion and harlotry, so he draws to that child another unholy spirit who defiles, and everyone testifies about him that he is a bastard, as happens to all his deeds and sides.
928. From this chamber comes a spirit in charge of the spirits, called 'northern' (Heb. tzefoni), THE SEVENTH NAME OF THE EVIL INCLINATION. This is derived from the verse, "Whoever who hides her hides (Heb. tzafan) the wind (spirit)" (Mishlei 27:16). This spirit is in charge of THE NORTHERN. And the seventh chamber corresponds to the name OF GEHENOM, called "the nether parts of the earth" (Yechezkel 31:16). Of this, THE SAID NORTHERN, it is written, "and I will remove far off from you the northern one" (Yoel 2:20).
929. Here there is a point standing in the innermost part. From here come out all the other spirits, who roam about the world, and rule over the world, by the things and deeds delivered on the left side. From here come out glitters and sparks, that are quenched immediately, burn and IMMEDIATELY are extinguished. From these are issued other spirits who hover about the world, and join THE SPIRITS that come from the great deep, as it is written, "Your Judgments are a great deep" (Tehilim 36:7). These are the spirits not destined to be clothed in this world, WITH THE GARMENT OF THE WORLD; they are seen and seen not, as we learned.
930. Also, THERE ARE spirits who roam about the world. They perform miracles to people who are not much steeped in the filth of defilement like others. There is a spirit appointed over them, called 'Nesira' (Eng. 'sowing'), because he is sowed AND SEPARATED from the most unholy sides, and they soar up in the air, and weaken their unholy side, so miracles may be performed to those of the holy side.
931. From the spirit that was sowed AND SEPARATED FROM THE UNHOLY SIDE, called 'Nesira', come out some other sides divided to several kinds. All of them do errands in the world, each according to his worthiness. And so kings and ministers are appointed below. Yet, their existence is not continuous like that of the other ones above.
932. This chamber is the unity of the unholy side, and all unholy lusts, which defile the world. It is destined to put forth fire at any time, and no one will prevail against it. From here comes fire of a strong wind, with which to judge below the wicked of the world; from here comes out a blazing spirit, of fire and snow, called 'Tzalmon', as it is written, "snow falls in Tzalmon" (Tehilim 68:15).
933. There are four openings in this chamber, divided into four sides facing outside. They are united and not united on the side of holiness. They are not REALLY united, but through these openings a light is seen, shining FROM THE SIDE OF HOLINESS. There is a place prepared in every opening to the righteous of the nations, who did not oppress the children of Yisrael, and strove to do them right. They stand in these openings and rest there.
934. In the opening in the middle of the chamber, on the outer side, there are six openings connected with the chamber. They all hold on to it. Here there are windows open on the side of the holy light. These places are made for the kings of the other nations, who did not oppress the children of Yisrael and always protected them. They are honored because of Yisrael, and enjoy, in the darkness where they sit, the light shining from the side of holiness, as it is written, "All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory" (Yeshayah 14:18).