445. Netzach and Hod are the two halves of ONE body, like two twins, which is why they are called 'Heavens.' The two of them together are Vav Vav of veshet (Eng. 'esophagus'), from the aspect of the left, and they are the two molar teeth from the aspect of the right.
446. "And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him" (Shemot 13:19), that is the bones of "the righteous is an everlasting foundation" (Mishlei 10:25), which is the level of Joseph the Righteous. And about them, ABOUT NETZACH AND HOD, it is said: "My offering, the provision of my sacrifices (lit. 'bread') made by fire" (Bemidbar 28:2). And by bread is meant Torah, NAMELY NETZACH AND HOD WHO FIGHT (HEB. NILCHAMIM) EACH OTHER BY MEANS OF GRINDING. And it is said about them: "Come, eat (Heb. lachamu) of my bread (Heb. lachmi)" (Mishlei 9:5). And they, NETZACH AND HOD, are the bunches OF GRAPES THAT ARE BESTOWED by the Righteous, WHICH IS YESOD. And the Righteous, WHICH IS YESOD, is called 'a fruit tree,' and for it is it said: "And they bore it upon a pole (Heb. mot) between two" (Bemidbar 13:23). And why on a pole? WHY DOES IT NOT SAY 'AND THEY BORE IT UPON WOOD (A TREE)?' It is because the Righteous, WHO IS CALLED 'TREE,' was not there. FOR YESOD, WHICH IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN, DID NOT UNITE THE TWO BUNCHES OF GRAPES, WHICH ARE NETZACH AND HOD, SO THAT THEY MIGHT BE INCLUDED IN EACH OTHER, AND THEY THEREFORE BORE IT ON A POLE BETWEEN TWO, WITHOUT BECOMING A PART IN THE RIGHTEOUS.
447. And because NETZACH AND HOD MUST NOT BE SEPARATED, it is said ABOUT THE RIGHTEOUS, WHICH IS YESOD: "He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved (Heb. mot)" (Tehilim 55:23). THAT IS, YESOD WILL NEVER CEASE UNITING NETZACH AND HOD, and it is a tree, about which it is said: "Whether there is a tree in it or not" (Bemidbar 13:20). But those who spread an evil report of the land uprooted this tree, the Righteous, WHICH IS YESOD, and gave rise TO "And they bore it upon a pole between two." AND THE TWO ARE NETZACH AND HOD, IN THE ASPECTS OF Vav Vav WITHOUT THE UNIFICATION OF YESOD, FOR THE RIGHTEOUS IS COLLAPSED (HEB. MOT) BECAUSE THEY SPREAD AN EVIL REPORT ON THE LAND.
448. And about NETZACH AND HOD it was said, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SIN OF THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, THAT EVE squeezed grapes AND GAVE TO HIM. FOR NETZACH AND HOD ARE CALLED 'BUNCHES OF GRAPES,' AND GRAPES ARE THE SECRET OF THE ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH THAT IS ON THE LEFT, AND IT IS FORBIDDEN TO DRAW IT, FROM ABOVE DOWNWARDS, AND ITS BEING DRAWN DOWN FROM ABOVE IS COMPARED TO THE SQUEEZING OF GRAPES, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE SIN OF THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. The Righteous, which is Yesod, contains a secret (Heb. sod), FOR IN 'YESOD' THERE ARE THE LETTERS OF 'SOD.' This is the wine preserved with its grapes from the Six Days of Creation, FOR YESOD GUARDS THE GRAPES WHICH ARE THE SECRET OF THE ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH, SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE SQUEEZED, NAMELY THAT IT SHOULD NOT BE DRAWN DOWN FROM ABOVE, BUT ONLY UPWARDS FROM BELOW. AND THE SIX DAYS OF CREATION ARE the six levels OF CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD, of the letter Vav, WHICH IS TIFERET, THE CENTRAL COLUMN, WHICH IS TO SAY THAT YESOD RECEIVES ITS POWER OF PROTECTION FROM IT. And they are CALLED 'Seraphim' when they are Vav Vav WITHOUT UNITY, as it is written: "Serafim...each one had six wings (lit. 'six wings, six wings for each')" (Yeshayah 6:2). THAT IS, VAV (= SIX) IS MENTIONED TWICE. AND THEY ARE CALLED 'SERAFIM' FROM THE ASPECT of the left THAT IS IN THEM, and they extract water from the aspect of the right THAT IS IN THEM. And they are thirsty because of the flame that is in them from the side of Gvurah, NAMELY FROM THE LEFT SIDE, and they draw WATER from the side of Chesed.
449. About NETZACH AND HOD it is said: "who makes the winds (spirits) His messengers" (Tehilim 104:4), namely from the side of the Central Column, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN. THAT IS TO SAY THAT THEY ARE THE WINDS THAT ARE DRAWN DOWN FROM ZEIR ANPIN TO WITHIN THE LOBES OF THE LUNG that blow on the heart, which is the tenth level of the Holy Spirit, NAMELY MALCHUT, which is between them, NAMELY BETWEEN NETZACH AND HOD. And this is YESOD, WHICH IS the letter Vav, which is a letter in His hosts that includes the six joints of the two legs, WHICH ARE NETZACH AND HOD, EACH ONE OF WHICH HAS THREE JOINTS, BECAUSE IT IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN. For it is written about them: "His legs are as pillars of marble (Heb. shesh)" (Shir Hashirim 5:15). And this is the Righteous, the sign of the covenant THAT INCLUDES THE SIX (HEB. SHESH) OF NETZACH AND HOD.
450. The upper Vav OF THE TWO VAV'S OF THE LETTER VAV FULLY SPELLED OUT: VAV VAV, is Tiferet, BECAUSE IT IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN between the six joints of the two arms, and because of this, body and covenant, NAMELY TIFERET AND YESOD, ARE CALLED 'Vav Vav,' NAMELY THE TWO VAVS OF THE LETTER VAV WRITTEN OUT IN FULL: VAV VAV, and we consider them one. And they, NETZACH AND HOD, "shall stretch out their wings on high" (Shemot 25:20) towards the heavenly Vav that is above them, NAMELY TIFERET; and from its aspect, NETZACH AND HOD are called 'the true prophets,' FOR TIFERET IS CALLED 'TRUTH.' They are "overspreading...with their wings" (Ibid.) over the covenant, NAMELY YESOD, which is the second Vav, which is "the righteous is an everlasting foundation" (Mishlei 10:25). And this is why Netzach and Hod grind up the manna for the righteous who are from the side of "the righteous is an everlasting foundation," which is between them, FOR THE RIGHTEOUS, WHICH IS YESOD, IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN BETWEEN NETZACH AND HOD, AND RECEIVES FROM THE MANNA THAT THEY GRIND, and this is why NETZACH AND HOD are called 'molars.'
451. And from the side of esophagus (Heb. veshet, Vav Shin Tet), BEFORE WHICH THERE IS GRINDING WITH THE TEETH, IT IS SAID: "The people went about (Heb. shatu, Shin Tet Vav), and gathered (Heb. laktu) it" (Bemidbar 11:8), it being the collection (Heb. lekutot) of JUDGMENT decisions that is in the Mishnah. "and ground it in mills" (Ibid.). It follows that whoever brings out OF HIS MOUTH words of Torah, must grind them in his teeth, NAMELY CLARIFY THEM WELL, in order to express complete words, and these words are called 'complete.' But as for the other WORDS that are scorned, these words are swallowed when eaten greedily, without being ground in their molars and their teeth, NAMELY THEY DO NOT CLARIFY FULLY THE WORDS OF THE TORAH THAT THEY BRING OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS; about them it is written: "And while the meat was yet between their teeth... the wrath of Hashem was inflamed against the people" (Bemidbar 11:33). This is because THEY COME from the root of him, who said: "Give me to swallow, I pray you..." (Beresheet 25:30), NAMELY THE WICKED ESAU. And Netzach and Hod are called 'Cherubs,' WHENCE THE VERSE: "AND THE CHERUBS SHALL STRETCH OUT THEIR WINGS ON HIGH," WHICH REFERS TO NETZACH AND HOD, AS EXPLAINED IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH.