872. And the daughter, WHICH IS MALCHUT, is the Tefilin of the dim hand. Yud is its knot. Upper Hei, namely, Ima, is the head Tefilin on the head of Tiferet. Its Tefilin, NAMELY, ITS MOCHIN, are according to the order Yud Hei Vav Hei, which is "Sanctify to Me" (Shemot 13:1-10), YUD. "And it shall be when Hashem shall bring you into the land" (Shemot 13:11-16) IS HEI; "Hear, O Yisrael" (Devarim 6:4-9) IS VAV; and "And it shall come to pass, if you will hearken diligently" (Devarim 11:13-21) IS THE FINAL HEI. THIS ORDER IS FOR THE TEFILIN OF THE HEAD OF ZEIR ANPIN. But in the World to Come, WHICH IS BINAH, THE TEFILIN, NAMELY, THE MOCHIN THAT SHE RECEIVES, the order is that Yud Hei Vav Hei's, which are Hei Hei, are in the center. THAT IS, YUD FIRST, WHICH IS "SANCTIFY TO ME"; AND THE VAV OF "HEAR" IN THE END; "AND IT SHALL BE WHEN HASHEM SHALL BRING YOU INTO THE LAND"; "AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS, IF YOU WILL HEARKEN DILIGENTLY," THAT IS HEI-HEI, ARE IN THE MIDDLE. And on this the prophet said: "but let him that glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am Hashem" (Yirmeyah 9:23), WHERE THE INITIAL LETTERS SPELL YUD-HEI-HEI- VAV. And this is why the sages of the Mishnah taught: There is room on the head to lay two pairs of Tefilin. And such a one merits to observe two precepts, about which it has been taught: Not everyone merits to enjoy two tables.
873. IN THE FOUR SECTIONS OF THE HEAD TEFILIN, the Yud, WHICH IS THE SECTION "SANCTIFY TO ME," is Chochmah. The Hei, WHICH IS THE SECTION "AND IT SHALL BE WHEN HASHEM SHALL BRING YOU INTO THE LAND," is Binah. Vav, WHICH IS THE SECTION "HEAR, O YISRAEL," is the Central Pillar. And the Hhei, WHICH IS THE SECTION "AND IT WILL COME TO PASS, IF YOU WILL HEARKEN DILIGENTLY," is holy Malchut. The head that is crowned with these four letters is Keter, which is the circumference of the head that comprises THE TEFILIN THAT ARE THE MOCHIN and covers them. The reading of Sh'ma is love, Chesed, and is equivalent to the Torah that was given on the right. The Tefilin, CALLED 'strength', are on the left side, which is Gvurah. The Central Pillar, WHICH IS TIFERET, includes everything, FOR IT COMPRISES CHESED AND GVURAH. The wings of the precept, WHICH ARE THE TZITZIT (THE FRINGES), in which are blue and white, are Netzach and Hod. The Mezuzah, ON WHICH IS recorded the name Shadai, is the Righteous, NAMELY, YESOD, and the Shechinah is the gate onto which the Mezuzah is affixed, ABOUT WHICH IT IS WRITTEN: "this is the gate of Hashem" (Tehilim 118:20).
874. Furthermore, the THREE-HEADED LETTER Shin is the three straps, THE TWO OF THE HEAD TEFILIN AND THE ONE OF THE HAND TEFILIN. Dalet is the knot of the HEAD Tefilin at the back OF THE HEAD, while Yud is the knot of the hand Tefilin. TOGETHER THEY SPELL SHADAI. This is why Shadai is written on the outside OF THE TEFILIN, while Yud Hei Vav Hei is inside THE TEFILIN, for it is the four sections THEREIN. The four-headed letter Shin alludes to the four compartments of the Tefilin. Shadai is His, ZEIR ANPIN's, sign, and amounts to the same NUMERICAL VALUE as Metatron.
875. Again: Yud, Chochmah, is the section "Sanctify to me." Hei, Binah, is the section "And it shall be when Hashem brings you into the land." Vav is the Sh'ma, IN WHICH THERE ARE six words: "HEAR, O YISRAEL, HASHEM OUR ELOHIM, HASHEM IS ONE" (DEVARIM 6:4), alluding to the six Sfirot which are six branches of the tree which Tiferet includes. The LAST Hei is THE SECTION "And it will come to pass, if you will hearken diligently" which is Malchut. These are THE MOCHIN of the head, FOR THE HEAD, which is Keter, IS THE SECRET OF THE LETTER CAF, IN THE SECRET OF THE VERSE: "There is none holy as (Heb. Caf) Hashem..." (I Shmuel 2:2), WHERE THE LETTER CAF (ENG. 'AS') IN THE EXPRESSION "AS HASHEM" IS KETER OF ZEIR ANPIN.
876. Shadai alludes to the straps, compartments, and knots of the Tefilin from the outside, FOR SHIN OF SHADAI ALLUDES TO THE THREE STRAPS, TWO OF THE HEAD AND ONE OF THE HAND. DALET OF SHADAI ALLUDES TO THE FOUR COMPARTMENTS OF THE HEAD TEFILIN, AND ALSO TO THE KNOT OF DALET THAT IS BEHIND THE HEAD. YUD OF SHADAI ALLUDES TO THE KNOT OF THE HAND TEFILIN. The same holds for the Mezuzah, there being Yud Hei Vav Hei on the inside and THE NAME Shadai on the outside. The four-headed letter Shin , with the Dalet OF SHADAI alludes to the four compartments and to the knot of HEAD Tefilin behind the HEAD, WHICH HAS THE SHAPE OF a double Dalet. Likewise, there is a double Shin, ONE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COMPARTMENT AND ONE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE COMPARTMENT. Yud OF SHADAI is the knot OF THE TEFILIN of the dim hand, which is the fifth compartment: THAT IS TO SAY THAT WITH THE FOUR COMPARTMENTS OF THE HEAD TEFILIN THE FIFTH COMPARTMENT IS THAT OF THE HAND TEFILIN. Dalet of Shadai is the brain, about which it has been taught: the place on the head where a baby's brain is seen to pulsate, and this is a baby suckling from the breasts (Shin Dalet Yud) OF ITS MOTHER, NAMELY, FROM Shadai.
877. The Tefilin of the Master of the Universe are Keter. And what is the crown of the Master of the Universe? It is Yud Hei Vav Hei; namely, the Yud OF YUD HEI VAV HEI is Chochmah, Hei is Binah, and Vav is Tiferet, which includes the six Sfirot CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD. The FINAL Hei is Malchut, NAMELY, TEN SFIROT. And this is the reason "And what one nation in the earth is like (Heb. ke - Caf) Your people, like Yisrael" (II Shmuel 7:23); "For (Heb. ki - Caf Yud) what great nation is there so great, that has Elohim so near to them, as (Heb. ke - Caf) Hashem our Elohim is in all things that we call upon Him for?" (Devarim 4:7); AND ALSO THE VERSE, MENTIONED ABOVE: "THERE IS NONE HOLY AS HASHEM" (I SHMUEL 2:2). All THESE four verses have marked in them the letter Caf, and the secret of the letter Caf (whose numerical value is twenty) is Yud Yud (the numerical value of each being ten), NAMELY THE YUD AT THE BEGINNING AND THE YUD AT THE END OF THE COMBINATION Yud-Aleph-Hei-Dalet-Vav-Nun-Hei-Yud. AND THIS IS THE INNER MEANING OF THE VERSE "weighing ten shekels apiece (Eng. 'ten ten'), after the shekel of the sanctuary" (Bemidbar 7:86), NAMELY, the Caf of Keter, that is composed of ten Sfirot, AS ABOVE, and they comprise TEN SFIROT OF DIRECT LIGHT, from above downwards, and ten Sfirot OF RETURNING LIGHT, which are upwards from below.
878. And these TWENTY SFIROT, OF DIRECT LIGHT AND OF RETURNING LIGHT, are THE SECRET OF THE VERSE "waters that are above the heavens" (Tehilim 148:4), which are the male upper waters, NAMELY, THE TEN SFIROT OF DIRECT LIGHT, WHILE "THE WATERS WHICH WERE UNDER THE FIRMAMENT" (BERESHEET 1:7) ARE the female lower waters, NAMELY THE TEN SFIROT OF RETURNING LIGHT. And Rabbi Akiva said to his pupils about them: When you reach the stones of pure marble, do not say: Water, water, lest you endanger your souls. For it is not water as is usually understood, NAMELY, CHASSADIM, but 'flowing light'; NAMELY, IT IS ALSO COMPOSED OF CHOCHMAH THAT IS CALLED 'LIGHT', AND FROM THE ASPECT OF CHASSADIM, IT IS 'FLOWING'. This is why it was likened to flowing water. And this light is never interrupted, nor is it cut off, nor divided. And because it is from Keter, it is called 'infinite WATER', for Keter is called the Endless Light. End of Ra'aya Meheimna (the Faithful Shepherd).