298. In addition, he opened the discussion saying, "You that bring good tidings to Zion, get you up into the high mountain..." (Yeshayah 40:9). "Into the high mountain" definitely means the mountain of Avarim, AT which Moses was buried. We have already explained that the Shechinah will ascend from there and will proclaim the good tidings to the world. However, she includes everything, MEANING THE EXPRESSION: "GOOD TIDINGS TO ZION" COMPRISES THE VARIETY OF LITERAL INTERPRETATIONS. "You that bring good tidings to Zion" is Hephzibah, the wife of Nathan son of David, who is the mother of the Messiah, Menachem son of Amiel, WHO WAS HER DESCENDANT. She shall go out and bring the tidings ABOUT REDEMPTION and she is part of the general meaning of: "You that bring good tidings to Zion."
299. A voice will be heard around the world and two kings in the world will get aroused to wage battle. THEN, the Holy Name will emerge TO REIGN over the world. What tidings will she bear and declare? That is "Behold, Hashem Elohim, will come with might, and His arm shall rule for Him: behold, His reward is with Him, and His hire before Him" (Yeshayah 40:10). "Behold, His reward is with Him" means that the Holy One, blessed be He, will proclaim for the entire entourage above and command them to assemble and hold court. 'Whoever gave his soul for the sake of My name's sanctity, what is his reward? They will pronounce that much and so much. Whoever suffered so many disparaging remarks and curses for My sake, what is his reward? They will pronounce, it is this. Whoever was daily punished for My sake, what is his reward? And they will say, it is this.' That is the meaning of: "Behold, His reward is with Him, and His hire before Him."
300. HE INQUIRES: What is the meaning of, "And His hire (also: 'deed')?'' HE REPLIES: It is as written, "Oh how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You; which You have performed for those who trust in You" (Tehilim 31:20). That is his deed. What is the meaning of: "In the sight of the sons of man?'' (Ibid.). HE REPLIES: It means in the sight of those idol worshipers, THAT ALL OF THEM WILL SEE THE GOOD REWARD OF THE RIGHTEOUS. In "which You have laid up for those who fear You," what is the meaning of, "which You have laid up?'' Who would want to rob and take away what He wishes to grant, as it is written "laid up?'' AND WHY WOULD HE NEED TO HIDE IT?
301. HE REPLIES: Just go and see the compassionate action that the Holy One, blessed be He, takes, since, when He beats someone, He therein provides a remedy. How does He hurt? With the left, since He draws near with the right and through the left He inflicts blows. Behold, through that which He uses to hurt, He also brings the remedy, since it is written: "Out of the north the evil shall break forth" (Yirmeyah 1:14). THAT IS THE LEFT, since He hurls the blows at the left. From there, all the judgments and harsh edicts emanate and in it dwell all good recompense and kindness that the Holy One, blessed be He, has destined to grant Yisrael. In the future to come, the Holy One, blessed be He, will call on the north, THAT IS LEFT, and tell it, 'In you I have provided all benefits and good wages to My children who have suffered so many calamities in this world for the sake of the sanctity of My name. Pay out all the good wages that I have entrusted to you!'
302. This is what it says: "I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back..." (Yeshayah 43:6). HE ASKS: Is this then the manner of the south, WHICH IS RIGHT, to deprive blessings? Aren't all the blessings from the south side, and good comes from the south? Yet He says to the south, "Keep not back."
303. HE REPLIES: It is only that, at that period, the Holy One, blessed be He, will awaken Abraham and tell him, Rise, because the time has arrived in which I will redeem your children and grant them good compensation for all they suffered in the exile. This is due to the fact that Abraham was involved in their sale TO THE EXILE as it is written: "Unless their Rock had sold them" (Devarim 32:30), which refers back to Abraham. He therefore acted as if this was not favorable in his eyes and showed himself as if he wished them to be hurt more for their iniquities, saying a payback should be collected for their iniquities and sins. The Holy One, blessed be He, said to Abraham, 'I am aware that whatever you said was just said on the surface, BUT NOT MEANT TRUTHFULLY OUT OF YOUR HEART. I too will be like that, I'LL DEAL WITH YOU on the surface AND SAY TO YOU, "Keep not back." I wish to please you for the sake of your children. Do not deprive them of kindness and do not deprive them of good compensation. They suffered so much for their iniquities. Therefore, "I will say to the north, Give up",' SO THE NORTH WILL PROVIDE GOOD WAGES. EVERYTHING ELSE, THE SOUTH WILL NOT KEEP BACK and that is the meaning of: "which You have laid up (Heb. tzafanta)," WHICH IS DERIVED FROM NORTH (HEB. TZAFON), WHICH PROVIDES EVERYTHING. This is the good tidings that she brings, MEANING WHAT IT SAYS ABOVE: "YOU THAT BRING GOOD TIDINGS TO ZION, GET YOU UP INTO THE HIGH MOUNTAIN..."
304. In addition, she will bring tidings for the second time when the Shechinah will be on that high mountain, and she will go with the tidings to the patriarchs. Swiftly, THE SHECHINAH will visit Jerusalem and see its destruction. She will enter Zion and there She will batter the wall as before, over Her original dwelling house and the glory SHE ENJOYED at that location. And she will swear that she will not leave there until the Holy One, blessed be He, redeems Her children. The same Hephzibah will bring tidings as before and declare, "Cry out and shout, you inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Yisrael in the midst of you" (Yeshayah 12:6). What is "great...in the midst of you?'' That is the Holy One, blessed be He, who comes to Her to raise her from the dust and say to Her, "Shake yourself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem" (Yeshayah 52:2). THE SHECHINAH is Jerusalem and Jerusalem is assuredly Her name.
305. (THAT IS THE COMPLETION OF THE ABOVE ARTICLE FROM VERSES 290-296). By this too, how much additional joy will the righteous have in the Garden of Eden? As a result of this, praised is he whose soul bears witness on the Shabbat in the presence of the King with the new interpretations of the Torah IT SAID. Through this, the Holy One, blessed be He, and His entire entourage above and all these righteous in the Garden of Eden are adorned with that NOVEL INTERPRETATION.
306. Additionally, I heard from the Holy Luminary. How much glory upon glory and adornment upon adornment they crown the father of that man, WHOSE SOUL BEARS WITNESS ABOUT THE INNOVATIVE TORAH INTERPRETATIONS. During that time, the Holy One, blessed be He, says TO HIS ENTOURAGE, 'Gather to listen to new innovative matters in the Torah of so-and-so, son of so-and-so,' BECAUSE AT THAT POINT, THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, MENTIONS THE FATHER OF THE INNOVATOR. How many are they that kiss on the head OF THE INNOVATOR'S FATHER? How many righteous adorn him when they descend? Praised is the lot of all those who study and deal in the Torah, and especially on the Shabbat even more than the rest of the weekdays. (up to here spoke the head of the Yeshivah).