1. With the beginning of the manifestation of the King's will, THAT IS, WHEN THE KING DESIRED TO EMANATE AND CREATE THE WORLD, a hard spark made an engraving upon the supernal light. IT emanated from the most concealed of all concealed things - from the secret of the Endlessness Light - took a shapeless form. THE SPARK was then inserted into THE CENTER OF a circle that was neither white nor black nor red nor green, nor any color at all. When it began its measurements, it created colors that shone into THE EMPTY SPACE AND THE ENGRAVING. From within the HARD spark a fountain spouted, from which the shades down below received their colors.
2. From the most concealed of all concealed things, from the secret of the Endlessness Light, EMANATED TWO FACES: ONE cleaved and THE OTHER did not cleave. Its atmosphere was unknown until forceful blows split ATIK, and a concealed supernal point shone. Beyond this point, nothing is knowable and, because of this, it is called by the name Beginning, WHICH MEANS the first of the sayings.
3. "And they who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and they who turn many to righteousness like the stars for ever and ever" (Daniel 12:3). "And they who are wise" ALLUDES TO THE SOULS OF THE RIGHTEOUS, "the brightness of the firmament" TO THE ILLUMINATION OF THE UPPER THREE SFIROT, WHICH ARE REVEALED WHEN COMBINED WITH THE ATTRIBUTE OF MERCY. The atmosphere of the brightness that is most concealed of all concealed things merged with this point and shone into it. Then this Beginning - WHICH IS ARICH ANPIN - expanded INTO A HEAD AND BODY, and made a chamber for its honor and glory. There, INSIDE THE CHAMBER, ARICH ANPIN planted a holy seed to bring forth SOULS for the benefit of the world. This is the secret of, "So the holy seed is its immovable stump" (Yeshayah 6:13).
4. The brightness that it sowed for its honor is similar to the purple seed of the silkworm, for the worm encases itself within ITS OWN SILK. AND FROM THAT SEED, is prepares for itself a chamber for its own glory and for the benefit of all. With this Beginning, the concealed unknown One created the chamber, and this chamber is called BY THE NAME 'Elohim.'
5. This is the secret of the words: "In the beginning Elohim created" (Beresheet 1:1). THIS CHAMBER IS the brightness from which all TEN sayings were created, according to the secret meaning of the expansion of the point from that hidden brightness. Thus, if the word "created" applies to it, no wonder it is written, "And Elohim created man in his own image" (Beresheet 1:27).
6. The brightness, WHICH IS ARICH ANPIN, is the secret of the Beginning, BECAUSE its name is the first of all. The Holy Name Eheyeh is engraved upon the sides OF ARICH ANPIN. The name Elohim is engraved on the crown. AND THIS IS THE SECRET OF Asher, WHICH IS a concealed chamber, and is the beginning of the revelation of the secret of the Beginning. The word Asher CONSISTS OF THE SAME LETTERS AS Rosh (Eng. 'head') BUT IN REVERSE ORDER, AS THE LETTER RESH - WHICH IS THE FIRST LETTER IN ROSH - IS THE LAST LETTER IN ASHER. THIS SHOWS THAT IT IS THE Rosh that came out of resheet (Eng. 'beginning'), WHICH IS ARICH ANPIN. THEREFORE, IT EMERGED FROM THE ASPECT OF THE HEAD AND WAS FORMED AS A HEADLESS BODY.
7. After the point and the chamber were established as one, Beresheet - WHICH IS ARICH ANPIN - includes a lofty beginning to THE LIGHT OF Chochmah. Later, the appearance of the chamber changed and it was called a house (Heb. bayit) and the supernal point was called the head (Heb. rosh). They were included in each other through the secret of the Beginning, BECAUSE COMBINING THE WORDS BAYIT AND ROSH FORMS THE TERM BERESHEET. This was so as long as BAYIT AND ROSH were as one, as long as there was no MANNER OF habitation in the house; AS LONG AS CHOCHMAH WAS NOT CLOTHED WITH CHASSADIM, WHICH REVEALS THE FOUR COLORS OF THE HOUSE. But it was sown for the purpose of habitation and, once it was inhabited, it was called BY THE NAME 'Elohim' hidden and concealed.
8. The brightness was concealed and hidden until the children came inside it in order to beget and the house stood expanded to contain what was established through the holy seed. As long as it had not conceived, the expansion of the house to make it habitable had not occurred, nor was it yet called BY THE NAME 'Elohim.' Rather, they both are still part of Beresheet ("In the beginning"). THEREFORE, EVERYTHING IS CONSIDERED AS IF IT IS INCLUDED WITHIN ARICH ANPIN; THAT IS, THE BEGINNING. After it became known by the name 'Elohim,' it gave birth to the generations that came from the seed sown within it. HE ASKS, What is that seed AND REPLIES: The seed is the engraved letters, WHICH ARE the secret of the Torah, REFERRING TO ZEIR ANPIN, which emanates from that point - WHICH IS ARICH ANPIN.
9. That SUPERNAL point, WHICH IS ARICH ANPIN, sowed inside the chamber - WHICH IS YISRAEL-SABA AND TEVUNAH - the secret of the three vowels: Cholam, Shuruk and Chirik. So they are combined into one secret, a Voice that emerges from the joining OF THE THREE VOWELS. When THE VOICE came forth, its female counterpart came with it. She included all the letters as it is written: "the heaven" (Beresheet 1:1); that is, the voice and its Female principle. This voice, which is THE SECRET OF the heaven, is the last NAME OF Eheyeh, which is the brightness that contains all the letters and colors in this manner.
10. Until now, this is the secret of "Hashem our Elohim, Hashem" (Devarim 6:4). These three grades correspond to the supernal secret in the verse: "In the beginning Elohim created..." AND SO THE TERM "in the beginning" is an ancient secret, NAMELY CHOCHMAH THAT IS CALLED BEGINNING. THE TERM "created" alludes to a concealed secret, from which everything else expands. Elohim's secret meaning is sustaining everything that exists below. The term "the heaven" ALLUDES TO THE UNION OF the male and female, and it is forbidden to separate them, BUT RATHER ONE SHOULD COMBINE THEM, FOR THEY ARE THE SECRET OF THE VOICE AND THE UTTERANCE - YUD HEI VAV HEI - ADONAI, WHICH ARE UNITED INTO ONE.