648. From the right hand side, MALCHUT is called 'a stone'; and a number of smooth precious stones, NAMELY, STONES THAT ISSUE WATER, are to be derived from it. From them issue the waters of the Torah, about which we have learned: Rabbi Akiva said to his disciples, When you reach stones of pure marble, do not say: Water, water, lest you endanger your souls. THE MEANING OF THIS IS: Do not say that these waters OF MALCHUT are real waters, NAMELY, ONLY CHASSADIM, because "he that tells lies shall not remain in My sight" (Tehilim 101:7). For these waters THAT ARE IN MALCHUT are Torah; THAT IS TO SAY THAT THEY ARE DRAWN DOWN FROM ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH IS CALLED 'TORAH', AND IS COMPOSED OF CHOCHMAH AND CHASSADIM TOGETHER, AND IS THEREFORE THE SECRET OF LIGHT AND NOT OF WATER, WHICH INDICATES CHASSADIM WITHOUT CHOCHMAH, for it is said about it: "and Torah is light" (Mishlei 6:23). And since this light stems from a spring "whose waters fail not" (Yeshayah 58:11), FOR ZEIR ANPIN RECEIVES THIS LIGHT FROM SUPERNAL ABA AND IMA WHOSE UNION IS NEVER ENDING, AND THERE, IN ABA AND IMA, IT IS CHASSADIM, it is therefore called 'water', WHICH IS CHASSADIM. HOWEVER, WHEN THE CHASSADIM COME TO ZEIR ANPIN, THEY ARE COMPOSED OF CHOCHMAH AS WELL, AND ARE CALLED 'LIGHT'. AND THIS IS THE SECRET OF "AND TORAH IS LIGHT."
649. And from the left hand side, this stone, which is Yud, NAMELY, MALCHUT, is called 'a burning coal', NAMELY, BY MEANS OF THE JUDGMENTS OF THE LEFT THAT BURN IN IT, whence the ten Sfirot ARE REFERRED TO as a flame joined to a burning coal. And it has four hues, NAMELY, THE FOUR LETTERS OF THE SIMPLE YUD HEI VAV HEI, and they are ten, NAMELY, THE TEN LETTERS OF YUD HEI VAV HEI FULLY SPELLED WITH ALEPHS: Yud-Vav-Dalet, Hei-Aleph, Vav-Aleph-Vav, Hei- Aleph. TOGETHER THIS MAKES FOURTEEN LETTERS. And it is the great hand (= 14) FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF the right WHICH IS CHESED, the mighty hand FROM THE POINT OF VIEW of the left WHICH IS GVURAH, WHILE FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF the Central Column it is an upraised hand. It is thus composed of 42 hues, THIS BEING THE SUM OF THREE TIMES FOURTEEN.
650. And since from the point of view of the right it is a stone, and from the point of view of the left it is a burning coal, the Holy One, blessed be He, takes vengeance with it from Ishmael and Edom, WHO ARE DERIVED FROM THE WASTE MATTERS OF RIGHT AND LEFT. For they are strange fires OF, OTHER SIDE and the proud waters, WHERE ISHMAEL IS PROUD WATERS AND EDOM IS STRANGE FIRES, and their appointed officials are Samael and Serpent. Samael, who is the fire of Gehenom, is appointed over the nation of Esau, and Serpent is appointed over the nation of Ishmael, and this is THE ANGEL Rahav, who is in charge of the waters.
651. From the right of Abraham, whose level is Chesed, He takes vengeance on Ishmael and his official, and from the left of Isaac, whose level is Fear, NAMELY, GVURAH, He takes vengeance on Esau and his appointed official by means of two Messiahs, one of whom, Messiah son of David, is from the right, while the other, Messiah son of Joseph, is from the left. And the level of Jacob, WHICH IS TIFERET, IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN, that corresponds to them, in the secret of "changing his hands" (Beresheet 48:14) - the lion, to the left, CORRESPONDING TO ESAU, and the ox to the right, CORRESPONDING to Ishmael. And since Judah was exiled in Esau, it follows that the right of holiness is with the left of Esau, and likewise IN THE EXILE OF ISHMAEL the left of holiness is TO BE FOUND with the impure right of Ishmael. ACCORDINGLY, IT FOLLOWS THAT MESSIAH SON OF DAVID, WHICH IS RIGHT, WILL TAKE VENGEANCE ON ESAU, WHILE MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH, WHICH IS LEFT, WILL TAKE VENGEANCE ON ISHMAEL. "Until Shiloh come (lit. 'comes')" (Beresheet 49:10), WHERE THE NUMERICAL VALUE OF SHILOH IS THE SAME AS THAT OF MOSES, WHO IS the Faithful Shepherd, whose level is Tiferet Yisrael, WHICH IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN. He will take vengeance from the mixed multitude, FOR THE MIXED MULTITUDE IS COMPOSED OF THE RIGHT AND LEFT OF IMPURITY, AND SO THE CENTRAL COLUMN, WHICH IS COMPOSED OF THE RIGHT AND LEFT OF HOLINESS, WILL BE AVENGED ON THEM.
652. In these three grades, RIGHT, LEFT AND CENTER, AS ABOVE, the priests, Levites, and Yisrael will be recalled from the Exile, FOR THEY ARE DRAWN DOWN FROM THESE THREE COLUMNS. And in them, IN THE THREE COLUMNS, He takes vengeance upon Esau, Ishmael, and the mixed multitude, for just as the mixed multitude is intermixed with Esau and Ishmael, NAMELY, CONTAINING RIGHT AND LEFT OF IMPURITY, so Jacob, WHO IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN, IS COMPOSED OF ABRAHAM AND ISAAC, WHO ARE RIGHT AND LEFT, FOR HE IS A MIXTURE OF THE TWO OF THEM. AND SO, TOO, SHILOH, WHICH IS MOSES, WHO IS ALSO THE CENTRAL COLUMN, AS ABOVE, IS INTERMIXED WITH MESSIAH SON OF DAVID, WHO IS THE RIGHT SIDE, AND WITH MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH, WHO IS THE LEFT SIDE, AND HE WILL BE THE CHAIN THAT INCORPORATES AND CONNECTS THE TWO OF THEM, AS AT THE TIME THAT BILAAM SAW IN HIS PROPHECY, NAMELY, "UNTIL SHILOH COME." FOR THUS THE TWO MESSIAHS ARE CONNECTED WITH THE FAITHFUL SHEPHERD, THIS BEING THE SECRET OF the three patriarchs, NAMELY, THE THREE COLUMNS, AS ABOVE, in the final exile. AND THEY WILL THUS HAVE THE POWER TO WIN AND DESTROY ALL THE KLIPOT THAT CORRESPOND TO THE THREE COLUMNS OF HOLINESS, AS ABOVE.
653. He opened by quoting: "He has not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither has He seen perverseness in Yisrael; Hashem his Elohim is with him, and the trumpet blasts of the King is among them" (Bemidbar 23:21). And all this is to fulfill the verse: "But with great compassion will I gather you" (Yeshayah 54:7). And at that time, the Klipot that surround the Shechinah will be shattered into pieces, and immediately one of the three stones will be revealed. And the three stones are Segolta THAT IS THE SECRET OF MALCHUT, WHICH IS THE APEX OF THE SEGOLTA IN THE TONAL NOTES, and about these THREE POINTS, it is said: "Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year" (Yechezkel 1:1). THIS IS THE SECRET OF THE THREE YUD'S, Yud, Yud, Yud, WHERE EACH OF THE THREE POINTS THAT MAKE UP THE SEGOLTA IS A YUD, AND THE NUMERICAL SUM OF THREE YUDS IS THIRTY. "in the fourth month" (Ibid.) refers to the fourth stone, WHICH IS NETZACH. "on the fifth day of the month" refers to the fifth stone, WHICH IS HOD. Corresponding to them is: "and chose five smooth stones out of the brook" (I Shmuel 17:40), THESE BEING THE SECRET OF CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH AND HOD, THAT ARE TAKEN FROM YESOD THAT INCORPORATES ALL OF THEM, AND IS CALLED 'BROOK'. And corresponding to them are the five words: "Hear O Yisrael, Hashem our Elohim, Hashem" (Devarim 6:4).
654. "as I was among the exiles" (Yechezkel 1:1). This is the Shechinah, WHICH IS CALLED 'I', in which the Holy One, blessed be He, is One (Heb. Echad), BECAUSE ZEIR ANPIN IS ALEPH CHET OF ECHAD (ALEPH CHET DALET), AND THE SHECHINAH IS DALET OF ECHAD. The Vav (lit. 'as') added to 'I', FOR IT IS WRITTEN 'AS I', is the river, which is the Righteous, life of the worlds, NAMELY, YESOD. AND HE EXPLAINED HIS WORDS: "And a river went out of Eden to water the garden" (Beresheet 2:10). What is meant by Eden? This is Binah (Bet Yud Nun Hei). The river that went out OF BINAH WHICH IS EDEN is Vav, the son (Heb. ben - Bet Nun) of Yud Hei, NAMELY, ZEIR ANPIN, which is the level of the Faithful Shepherd. And the Faithful Shepherd, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, issues from supernal Ima, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF EDEN, and spreads throughout the six Sfirot: CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD, to the Righteous, WHICH IS YESOD. And from there, FROM YESOD, it waters the Garden, which is the Shechinah, AND SO THE VAV (LIT. 'AS') OF 'I' THEREFORE ALLUDES TO YESOD THAT WATERS IT.
655. IT IS WRITTEN: "BY THE RIVER KEVAR" (YECHEZKEL 1:1). What is Kevar (Caf Bet Resh)? HE ANSWERS THAT Caf ALLUDES TO Keter, Bet TO Binah, AND Resh TO the beginning of (Heb. reshit) Chochmah. Keter is on the right side; Chochmah is on the left side; Binah is in the center. And they form a Chariot (Heb. rechev - Resh Caf Bet) on high for the Prime Cause, INFINITY. All ten of the Sfirot are included in the river, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, which spreads as far as the Righteous, WHICH IS YESOD, that IS CALLED 'All', AS it is all inclusive, containing WITHIN IT all THE SFIROT, and about it was it said: "The tree grew, and was strong... and on it was food for all" (Daniel 4:8 9). Everything depends on it. When EZEKIEL saw the Shechinah among the Klipot, he saw ten Sfirot with her. End of Ra'aya Meheimna (the Faithful Shepherd).