14. Come and see, when man is about to be sanctified and mate with his wife with his holy will, a Holy Spirit is aroused upon him, included of male and female, SINCE HE IS BORN AND COMES FROM ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT THAT ARE THE SECRET OF MALE AND FEMALE. The Holy One, blessed be He, indicates to a minister appointed over the conception of men and hands him that spirit and lets him know where to put it. That is the meaning of, "and the night which said, There is a male child conceived" (Iyov 3:2). THIS MEANS that the night, WHICH IS MALCHUT CALLED NIGHT, said to that minister, "There is a male child conceived" by so and so, SO HE WILL PUT THE SPIRIT THERE. And the Holy One, blessed be He, commands that spirit whatever He does, THAT IS, HE MAKES IT SWEAR TO BE RIGHTEOUS, ETC. This has already been explained.
15. The spirit then descends with an image, the same IMAGE that assumes the supernal shape CALLED THE IMAGE OF ELOHIM. One is created with that image and walks about with it in this world. This is the meaning of, "Surely every man walks in a vain show (or: 'image')" (Tehilim 39:7). As long as that image is with him, man exists in this world, BUT IF THE IMAGE IS GONE FROM HIM HE DIES. These are two IMAGES (HEB. tzelamim) that join together. King Solomon warned people, saying, "Before the day cools, and the shadows (Heb. tzelalim) flee away" (Shir Hashirim 2:17), two of them.
16. In the book of the sorcerers of Asmodeus, I found that those who wish to perform witchcraft from the left side and be attached to them, must stand by candlelight, or wherever his images are seen, THAT IS, BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON, and say the words suitable for these enchantments and address those aspects of impurity using their names of impurity. One then hands over his images to those NAMES OF IMPURITY he summoned, and says he willingly sets them AT THEIR DISPOSAL and at their command. Man THEN leaves the domain of his Master, and his Master's deposit, NAMELY THE SOUL GIVEN TO HIM AS A DEPOSIT BY HIS MASTER HE gives to the aspects of impurity.
17. By these words of witchcraft he uttered and by summoning HIS images, two spirits appear and settle in those images TO ASSUME human form. They tell him at specific times things to his own hurt and things to his own good. These two spirits that were not incorporated in a body, SINCE HE DID NOT HAVE TIME TO MAKE THEM BODIES BEFORE HE SANCTIFIED SHABBAT, are now incorporated in these images THAT MAN GAVE THEM. They settle in them and tell that man things to his own damage. Such a one left his Master's domain and gave his deposit, NAMELY HIS SOUL, to the side of defilement.
18. Come and see, one must not throw the objects in his house or any other such thing IN HIS ANGER and thus deliver them to the Other Side. He must not DO SO because many litigants and persecutors await to receive that object. From that time on, no blessings dwell on it, because it is of the Other Side. This is more so for whoever willingly summons that supernal good, THAT IS, HIS IMAGE, to another and to the Other Side. Since he summons HIS IMAGE, he is his.
19. When the time draws near for man to depart from this world, the evil spirit that used to cleave daily to that supernal image that was given that man, and takes that image from him, it settles in it and walks away and THAT IMAGE will never return to that man. THAT MAN then realizes he is rejected in every sense.
20. Come and see, when the soul descends to be ushered into this world, it first DESCENDS to the Garden of Eden where it beholds the glory of the spirits of the righteous that stand in rows. It then goes to Gehenom where it sees the wicked crying, 'Woe, woe,' but none has mercy upon them. It is given testimony about any thing. THE WICKED TESTIFY HOW THEY ARE PUNISHED FOR EVERY SIN AND THE RIGHTEOUS TESTIFY TO THE GOOD REWARD THEY RECEIVE FOR EACH PRECEPT. That holy image stands by it until it comes into this world.
21. When it goes out into the world that image comes to it, joins it and grows with it, as said, "Surely every man walks in an image." Man's days join that image and depend on it, FOR ONCE IT IS GONE, MAN DEPARTS FROM THE WORLD. This is the meaning of, "for we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow" (Iyov 8:9). Assuredly, "our days upon earth are a shadow," AS OUR DAYS DEPEND ON THAT SHADOW. From the day a woman conceives until the day she gives birth, no men know the deeds of the Holy One, blessed be He, how great they are, how superior. This is the meaning of, "Hashem, how manifold are Your works" (Tehilim 104:24).