22. Come and see, every spirit in the world incorporates male and female. When they emerge INTO THIS WORLD, they come out as male and female, and then divide according to their custom, THE SPIRIT OF THE MALE IS CLOTHED IN A MALE AND THE SPIRIT OF THE FEMALE IN A FEMALE. AFTERWARDS, if a man has merit, they join, he and his mate, and mate in a union in every sense, in spirit and bodily, as it is written, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind" (Beresheet 1:24). What is, "after their kind?" It is the spirit of the man that comes out with its mate that resembles it.
23. HE ASKS, What is the earth IN THE VERSE, "LET THE EARTH BRING FORTH?" IT resembles the words, "and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth" (Tehilim 139:15), WHICH IS MALCHUT. This has been explained. "Let the earth bring forth" as we explained it to refer to the spirit of the first man WHO EMERGED AND WAS BORN TO MALCHUT CALLED EARTH. This is the meaning of the words, "but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the Garden" (Beresheet 3:3). "The fruit of the tree" refers to the Holy One, blessed be He, NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN CALLED THE TREE OF LIFE, WHOSE FRUIT IS THE SPIRIT OF THE FIRST MAN. "Which is in the midst of the Garden," within the woman, as we learned, WHO IS MALCHUT CALLED WOMAN AND CALLED GARDEN. FOR THE SPIRIT OF THE FIRST MAN CAME OUT FROM THE UNION OF ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT. This is the meaning of, "If a woman has conceived seed, and gave birth to a male child" (Vayikra 12:2). THE WOMAN, MALCHUT BEARS THE SOULS. It is also written, "AND GAVE BIRTH TO A MALE CHILD," not included of male and female, as is the custom of the world, THAT THE SOULS ARE BORN MALE AND FEMALE. For THE LOWER BEINGS BY THEIR SINS cause MALCHUT THAT THE SOULS will not join MALE WITH FEMALE, as they come out from above as couples MALE AND FEMALE. HENCE IT IS WRITTEN, "AND GAVE BIRTH TO A MALE CHILD," SINCE IN THIS WORLD ONLY A MALE NOT INCLUDING A FEMALE APPEARS.
24. Since the first man and his mate EVE had sinned against the Holy One, blessed be He, MALE AND FEMALE are therefore divided when they emerge from above INTO THIS WORLD, THE SOUL OF THE MALE IS BORN ON ITS OWN AND THE SOUL OF THE FEMALE ON ITS OWN, until it will please the Holy One, blessed be He, if man gains merit, to give him his soulmate, THAT IS, THE SOUL OF THE FEMALE THAT WAS INCORPORATED IN HIM ABOVE. Otherwise, she is separated from him and given to another, AND THEN they beget improper children. Hence it is written, "My spirit shall not always strive on account of man" (Beresheet 6:3). Why does it say "my spirit?" It should have said, 'his spirit' OF MAN. For there are two spirits emerging in twosomes. IT SHOULD RATHER BE PRONOUNCED 'SPIRITS.' THE VERSE SAYS they must not be striven after together, BECAUSE THEY COME OUT SEPARATELY. It is therefore written, "and gave birth to a male child," and not man and woman TOGETHER according to the ways of the world ABOVE, because of their deeds.
25. Rabbi Elazar said that it is not so THAT "AND GAVE BIRTH TO A MALE CHILD" MEANS HE IS BORN FROM MALCHUT INTO THIS WORLD AS A MAN WITHOUT A WOMAN. For male and female always come joined together, and are then divided AND COME AS MAN ALONE AND WOMAN ALONE. But "and gave birth to a male child" REFERS TO A MALE AND A FEMALE included together from the right side, WHICH IS CONSIDERED MALE. "But if she bear a female child" (Vayikra 12:5) MEANS they are included together as female and male from the left side, WHICH IS CONSIDERED FEMALE. Then the left side has more power over the right side, and the male on the right is subdued and has no power. The male that comes from the Nukva, MALCHUT, from Her left, always acts like a female AND IS THEREFORE CONSIDERED A FEMALE. But a male coming from the right side OF MALCHUT has power, and the female that emerges with him is subdued, since the left side has no power. Hence it is written of him, "and gave birth to a male child."
26. Thousands and myriads OF SOULS emerge simultaneously into the world. From the time she brought them forth they are not considered Nefashot UNTIL THEY RECEIVE THEIR ILLUMINATION FROM MALCHUT, until they settle in the body. This takes 33 days, as it is written, "thirty three days" (Vayikra 12:4). UNTIL THEN THE BODY IS INCOMPLETE FOR THE NEFESH TO SETTLE ON AND BE CLOTHED IN IT. "...Then she shall be unclean seven days" (Ibid. 2), NAMELY THE NEFESH, for throughout those seven days no spirits enter her, MALCHUT, to be connected with her. And all those seven days, the spirit roams the body to find its place TO SETTLE IN. Then it is written, "it shall be seven days under its dam" (Vayikra 22:27), WHICH IS MALCHUT, AND HE IS UNDERNEATH HER AND CANNOT CONNECT WITH HER.
27. On the eighth day the spirit and the body reappear before the Queen and connect with her and with the male, ZEIR ANPIN, in body and soul. "And she shall continue in the blood of her purifying for 33 days," IN ORDER for the spirit to settle in the body. HE ASKS, What is the purpose of the three days, AND ANSWERS, These are the three days after circumcision when the child suffers its pain, and the spirit does not dwell in the body as in other days. Hence "And she shall continue in the blood of her purifying for 33 days."
28. HE ASKS, At first SCRIPTURE SAYS, "in the blood of her purifying" (Vayikra 12:5) and later "the days of her purifying" (Ibid. 6), AND ANSWERS, "The blood of her purifying" refers to the bloods of circumcision, blood and more blood coming from the child. The Holy One, blessed be He, keeps those bloods all these days. Hence it says, "And she shall continue in the blood of her purifying (Heb. taharah)." The word 'taharah' unspecified IS WRITTEN WITHOUT MAPPIQ (WHICH WOULD RENDER IT 'HER PURIFYING'), SO IT IS NOT PRONOUNCED WHEN READ. THIS INDICATES that the last Hei OF YUD HEI VAV HEI, WHICH IS MALCHUT, is not mentioned. SO you shall not say IT REFERS TO the purifying of the Matron, MALCHUT, THE MOTHER OF THE SOUL, but to purifying in general, SINCE unspecified "blood of her purifying" refers to pure bloods. THIS REFERS TO THE SOUL BORN TO HER. EVERY RISING AND CONNECTION SAID OF MALCHUT REFERS TO MALCHUT AS THE ROOT OF THAT SOUL.
29. "She shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come in to the sanctuary" (Vayikra 12:4). Come and see, the Congregation of Yisrael, MALCHUT, daily takes food from the King's house for human spirits and nourishes them in holiness, except those SPIRITS DURING THE 33 DAYS OF PURIFYING, until those spirits settle in the body. After 33 days, she cares for them daily, since the spirits are then connected to the body like the rest of the inhabitants of the world. As she, MALCHUT, dwells only on a wholesome place, likewise are her actions TOWARDS HUMAN SPIRITS until they are whole. THIS IS THE MEANING OF, "she shall touch no hallowed thing," WHICH MEANS for the purpose of taking care of souls. THAT MEANS SHE DOES NOT TOUCH HOLINESS TO RECEIVE FOOD FROM HOLINESS, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, FOR THOSE SPIRITS.