46. Come and behold: had he given a portion to everyone, MEANING ALSO TO THE OTHER SIDE, then the Inciter could not have approached him later. One may ask why the Holy One, blessed be He, did him evil FOR NOT GIVING A PORTION TO THE OTHER SIDE? WHAT IS THE SIN HERE? HE ANSWERS: It was because he caused the light to be covered and concealed, for he did not properly offer another offering to sustain others, MEANING THE OTHER SIDE, AS IT HAS A PORTION IN THE OFFERINGS, but rather offered ONLY a burnt offering (Heb. olah), that ascends (Heb. olah) above, AND THE OTHER SIDE HAS NO PART IN IT. Therefore, it is written: "Thus Job did all the days" (Iyov 1:5); HE DID NOT GIVE A PORTION TO THE OTHER SIDE, for if the Other Side had been nourished with a proper portion, it would have been removed from the Sanctuary and would have departed from it, and the side of Holiness would have risen higher and higher.
47. But he did not want another, MEANING THE OTHER SIDE, to gain any benefit from his offering, so he removed himself from it. Whence do we know this from? From the verse: "And turns away from evil" (Iyov 1:8); HE REMOVED HIMSELF FROM EVIL, SO AS NOT TO GIVE IT ANY PORTION. Therefore, he always offered a burnt offering, because the Other Side never receives any pleasure from it. Thus, whatever the Other Side took afterwards FROM JOB, it took from its own. In this way, Job caused a foreskin to cover the Holy Covenant, and it did not move from it, FROM THE HOLY COVENANT. Therefore, the Holy One, blessed be He, aroused against him the Inciter, as it is written: "Have you considered My servant Job?"
48. Come and behold: when the Holy One, blessed be He, wished to unite with Yisrael in Egypt, the time was not propitious because the foreskin, MEANING THE OTHER SIDE, covered the light, until the time came and the Inciter took that which belonged to him from Job. Then the Holy One, blessed be He, commanded to eat the Pascal sacrifice in haste, MEANING while the Other Side was occupied with Job, and commanded the removal of the foreskin from them. The Holy One, blessed be He, united with Yisrael, and the Other Side separated from Holiness and was occupied with Job and took what was its own. Then "it is Hashem's passover" (Shemot 12:11), for until now, the passover was not Hashem's. Blessed are they who know how to properly affect the unity of their Master.
49. It is written: "You shall make you no molten Elohim" (Shemot 34:17), followed by, "The feast of unleavened bread (Heb. matzot) shall you keep" (Ibid. 18). HE ASKS: why is one adjacent to the other? HE ANSWERS: This is what has been explained, that whoever eats leaven (Heb. chametz) on Pesach (Passover), it is as if he worships idols.
50. Come and behold: when Yisrael left Egypt, they left their jurisdiction, namely the rule of the other SIDE, the rule that is called 'leaven', evil bread. Therefore, idol worship is called by that name, CHAMETZ (ENG. 'LEAVEN'). This is the secret of the Evil Inclination that is idol worship, which is also called 'leaven' (lit. 'yeast'). This is the Evil Inclination, because the Evil Inclination in the person is like yeast in a dough. It enters the belly of the person slowly and then multiplies there until the whole body is mixed with it. This is idolatry. Therefore, it is written: "There shall be no strange El among you" (Tehilim 81:10), a strange El assuredly.