42. He opened the discussion with the verse, "Behold, My servant shall prosper, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high" (Yeshayah 52:13). Happy is the portion of the righteous, to whom the Holy One, blessed be He, revealed the ways of the Torah, so they may follow them. Come and behold, the verse, "Behold, my servant shall prosper," contains a supernal mystery, which has already been explained. Yet come and behold, when the Holy One, blessed be He, created the universe - THE SECRET OF ZEIR ANPIN AND NUKVA - He made the moon AND ENDOWED HER WITH THE SAME STATURE AS THAT OF ZEIR ANPIN. LATER, He decreased her lights in such a way that she had nothing of her own, SAVE WHAT SHE RECEIVED FROM ZEIR ANPIN. Because she made herself small, she shone from the sun, SIGNIFED BY ZEIR ANPIN, by the power of the Supernal Lights IN IT.
43. While the Temple existed, Yisrael diligently proceeded with sacrifices, offerings and rituals performed by the priests, Levites and the children of Yisrael, creating unification and causing the lights to shine WITHIN THE NUKVA.
44. After the Temple was destroyed, the light darkened and the moon, THE NUKVA, no longer shone from the sun, ZEIR ANPIN. The sun withdrew from her and did not shine. Therefore, as we have learned, no day passes without curses, sorrow, and pain.
45. When the time comes for the moon to shine WITH HER OWN STRENGTH, AT THE END OF CORRECTION, then it is written, "Behold, My servant shall prosper," which is an allusion to the moon. "Behold, My servant shall prosper," refers to the secret of the faith, WHICH IS THE NUKVA. The words, "shall prosper," refer to the Supernal Awakening - WHICH WILL RESEMBLE a man who smells an odor and becomes alert and attentive.
46. "He shall be exalted," means that THE NUKVA SHALL BE FILLED from that facet of the light that is superior to all the lights, INDICATING KETER. "He shall be exalted" - as in, "and therefore will He be exalted, that He may have mercy upon you" (Yeshayah 30:18) - REFERS TO THE LIGHT OF KETER; "and extolled," on the side of Abraham, SIGNIFIES CHESED. "And be high," on the side of Isaac, MEANS GVURAH, while "very," on the side of Jacob, IS TIFERET. THIS MEANS THAT THE NUKVA WILL THUS BE FILLED BY ALL THESE GRADES. And although this has already been explained DIFFERENTLY, all is one in the secret of wisdom.
47. At that time, the Holy One, blessed be He, will intensify energy above so as to shine well upon the moon, THE NUKVA. As it is written, "Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days" (Yeshayah 30:26). Thus will Supernal Light be added to her own. Then all the dead, BURIED in the dust, will be stirred INTO LIFE.
48. He calls him "servant" (masculine form), THOUGH THIS ALLUDES TO THE NUKVA, for the secret path to his Master's keys is in his hand. THUS, THE PERFECTION OF THE NUKVA IS MADE KNOWN THROUGH HIM, HER MESSENGER. The same applies to the verse, "And Abraham said to the...servant," (Beresheet 24:2) who is the moon, NAMELY THE NUKVA, as we have learned. AND SHE IS REVEALED THROUGH Metatron, the servant messenger of his Master. THEREFORE THE WORD "SERVANT" WAS USED IN BOTH PLACES.
49. "The eldest of his house" (Beresheet 24:2), REFERS TO METATRON, WHO IS CALLED 'OLD,' as in "I have been young, and now am old" (Tehilim 37:25). THE MINISTER OF THE WORLD 'WHO IS METATRON' SAID THIS PHRASE: "That ruled over all that he had" (Beresheet 24:2), as all the colors, green, white, and red, are reflected in him.
50. "Put, I pray you, your hand under my thigh" (Ibid.) refers to the Righteous one, NAMELY, TO YESOD. Since he is the existence AND LIFE of the world WHEN HE HOLDS ON TO YESOD, this servant is appointed to bring life to the dwellers of the dust. And he becomes perfected through the supernal spirit to return spirits and souls to their places, in the decayed and putrefied cadavers underneath the ground.
51. "And I will make you swear by Hashem, the Elohim of heaven" (Beresheet 24:3). HE SAID THAT IT IS WRITTEN, "And I will make you swear." What is the meaning of, "I will make you swear?" HE ANSWERS THAT IT MEANS he will be clothed in the secret of the seven Supernal Lights - CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD, YESOD AND MALCHUT - FOR they are the secret of supernal perfection. ACCORDING TO HIS EXPLANATION, "SWEAR," DERIVED FROM THE ROOT SHIN BET AYIN, IS DERIVED FROM 'SEVEN' (Heb. sheva: Shin-Bet-Ayin). "That you shall not take a wife," refers to the body underneath the ground, IN THE GRAVE, which now rises from the dust AND IS CALLED A 'WIFE.' All those who were buried and deserved to be interred in the land of Yisrael shall be the first to rise to life, as has been explained in relation to the verse, "The dead men of your people shall live" (Yeshayah 26:19), referring to the dead in the land of Yisrael. THEN, "my dead body shall arise" (Ibid.), meaning the dead outside Yisrael. For all that, only the bodies of Yisrael, buried IN THE LAND OF YISRAEL, shall rise, but not bodies from other nations, which defile the land.